Our Forensic Accounting professionals review accounting and business records and provide detailed analysis to help uncover essential facts and insights. We bring to bear the range of our forensic investigation skill set to help our clients understand and analyze events or issues and prepare to deal with them. We have developed methodologies and strategies that help clients handle difficult circumstances.
We are looking for individuals who seek exciting, long-term career challenges and have a genuine interest in the area of forensic/investigative accounting and litigation support services. Successful individuals in this field are naturally outgoing, self-motivated, possess strong communication and analytical skills, and enjoy a wide variety of work experiences and challenges. Due to having a number of clients internationally the ability to speak German, French, Russian, Portuguese, Mandarin and/or Spanish in addition to English would be strongly preferred. This role is currently remote but will return to the office in a hybrid model.
- Perform targeted analysis of data, under the guidance of Project Managers, from client ERP systems
- Review documents to identify items relevant to investigation
- Compile and analyse facts to formulate, substantiate and/or critique financial calculations, theories, claims, or conclusions
- Assist project managers in preparation of tables, exhibits and charts for the inclusion in draft reports
- Maintain integrity of corporate information
- Balance multiple projects and responsibilities
- Communicate effectively to all levels of engagement management
- Demonstrate an understanding of risk associated with various engagements
- Support the firm in its business development and marketing activities
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated interest in accounting, especially in forensic-related matters
- Ability to create and deliver work product that exceeds client expectations
- Ability to work independently under the guidance of project managers and take ownership of specific assignment tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Professional demeanour and strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate professionally both internally and externally, including clear articulation of the tasks assigned to them, the procedures undertaken and the corresponding findings
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A strong accounting, finance, and/or economics background required
- Must be flexible with the travel requirements of client service projects, both international and domestic. To facilitate, candidates must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry a plus
- Business fluency in German, French Russian, Portuguese, Mandarin and/or Spanish strongly preferred
Years of Experience
- Bachelors required; CPA, ACCA, CFE, MBA, ASA, and/or CFA a plus– with no more than 2 years of work experience of technical and financial advisory work related to accounting, audit, forensic accounting, investigation or litigation services
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended, and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or expectations associated with a job. The management team reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
FRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, if you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, this is available upon request.