Welltower Inc. (NYSE: WELL), an S&P 500 company headquartered in Toledo, Ohio, is driving the transformation of healthcare infrastructure. With an enterprise value of over $40B, Welltower is the world’s largest healthcare real estate investment trust (REIT). Concentrated in major, high-growth markets throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, Welltower delivers the health care infrastructure necessary to facilitate better treatment at lower costs and keep patients out of the hospital. We provide real estate capital to leading seniors housing operators, post-acute care providers, and health systems, enabling these companies to grow, innovate, and ultimately provide better care. Our impact will be profound as we advance our work, our mission, and continue to assemble a diverse, talented, performance-focused team of employees.
The FP&A group is responsible for overseeing the organization’s financial planning efforts, providing insight into both corporate and segment level financial performance, and helping to lead the implementation of new, creative technology solutions which help drive Welltower to a data driven organization.
This position will focus on Seniors Housing portfolio analysis and will support the processes outlined above. In addition, this position will: 1) conduct variance analysis relative to forecast and investigate material differences 2) perform monthly data integrity and validation checks 3) support ad hoc segment analysis 4) create and maintain updated financial models and 5) liaise with departments across the organization.
- Assist with Seniors Housing property level budgeting and forecasting
- Conduct variance analysis and provide commentary outlining key performance drivers
- Work across cross functional teams as needed to provide insights into base level data
- Assist with and support Quarterly Non-GAAP disclosure, generation, and review
- Review property, operator and portfolio level financial statements including, but not limited to, income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity through data checks and use of technologies
- Present information and recommendations to senior leadership on an ongoing basis via systematic and ad hoc reporting
- Participate in regular performance meetings with segment level leadership
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills to analyze data trends and draw conclusions to drive more accurate forecasting
- Intellectual curiosity toward learning business processes and implementing efficiencies which drive results
- Technical aptitude – advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel; strong understanding of accounting principles; and consolidation financial systems.
- Exposure to Excel VBA/macros or SQL a plus
- Strong communication – presentation, written, and verbal
- Strong team player with a focus towards customer service
- Ability to self-motivate and work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently
- A positive and professional attitude
Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. 5-10%, domestic and international
- Experience: A minimum of 0-2 years related work experience is required. Exposure or desire to learn financial software systems is required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field required. An MBA or CPA preferred but not required.
- Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Welltower is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet