The Human Resources Business Analyst in AMZL who will work with personnel within the team and collaborate with teams across the company to design and implement the reporting and analytic solutions that provide business performance reporting and analysis capability for all Amazon business units. You’ll help us analyze large amounts of data to provide detailed and robust reporting capability to support locations and lines of business globally. The successful candidate will be highly analytical, have attention to detail and a passion for process improvement.
This person will be responsible for developing, implementing and communicating performance results and analytics via business intelligence (BI) platforms to standardize reporting, dashboards, and analytics for the HR organization. The Business Analyst will be responsible for developing reporting capability and functionality that enable all levels of management to understand key trends throughout the business. In addition, this person will work closely with senior human resource leaders on data collections, presentation and storytelling to help support the business decisions. This person needs to thrive in an ambiguous environment, be curious and solutions oriented.
· Support HR field and regional leadership with deep dive data to help drive business decisions through data analysis of HR metrics.
· Develop, update, validate, evaluate, and automate reports with the latest internal information to ensure accurate reporting. Including conducting audits.
· Develop ad-hoc excel reports and dashboards within Quicksight, Tableau, and/or other BI platforms to improve access to and the usability of business performance information.
· Support the Sr. HR leaders with labor planning assumptions on attendance, attrition and additional AMZL specific HR metrics.
· Draft business review narratives and additional deep dive findings as needed.
· Have the ability to be self-sufficient in mining data from various HR systems of record including from Quicksight, Tableaus, My Time, Connections, ADAPT and basic SQL
· BA/BS degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science or Mathematics Undergraduate degree in statistics, business, finance, engineering, or a related field.
· Advanced knowledge of Excel
· Experience building and managing reporting tools to support business decisions.
·Experience with spreadsheet modeling and database development
· Knowledge of current HR systems including MyTime, ADAPT, PeopleInsight, Salesforce
· Advanced analytical skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment; work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations; strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication
· Creative, critical thinker with advanced business analytical skills
· Customer focus and professional demeanor
· Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes and systems
· Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to deliver result
· Experience partnering with database engineers to develop data warehouses
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
· MBA or advanced degree in economics, statistics, operations research, mathematics or other quantitative disciplines.
· Advance skills in utilizing macros, SQL, and VBA to extract and aggregate data into meaningful artifacts to support decision making processes and support early identification of risks.
· High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.