Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Are you passionate about the financial services industry? We’re looking for an Analyst to join our Healthcare team in New York City or San Francisco and use their skills and ideas to make an impact to the success of the business at Goldman Sachs.
The Healthcare group provides advice and services across a wide range of sub-sectors, including: Biotechnology, Diagnostics / Life Sciences, Healthcare Information Technology, Healthcare Services, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceuticals.
With professionals in offices around the world, the group provides the full range of Goldman Sachs’ investment banking services, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, equity and debt financings, financial restructurings and risk management.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The analysts/associates at Goldman Sachs gain exposure to the firm’s businesses and expanded knowledge of the investment banking industry, as they develop key analytical, communications, marketing and sales skills. Analysts/Associates develop financial models, perform customized company valuation analyses, and are actively involved in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions and fixed income and equity issuances. Analysts/Associates organize and prepare presentations, which explain industry trends, assess clients’ situations to provide the necessary financial advice, and recommend strategies to meet client goals. Additionally, analysts/associates coordinate teams of tax advisors, attorneys, and bankers for various transactions; lead due diligence processes and actively participate in the negotiations of legal documentation. From maintaining client communication to helping Goldman Sachs structure client transactions, our associates are a vital part of Goldman Sachs’ banking teams.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Undergraduate Degree in Economics / Finance / Accounting related discipline is preferable
- Experience with modelling and financial statements analysis
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly as part of multiple teams and autonomously
- Ability to juggle changing priorities and a varied workload
Current experience as an investment banking analyst
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3.5 years of work experience in the relevant field or MBA degree with relevant experience
- Significant investment banking or equivalent experience
- Experience with buy-side and sell-side M&A, equity and debt financing transactions required
- Experience with due-diligence and transaction execution processes required
- Strong financial modeling skills (including stress testing) and experience of building/maintaining operating models required
- Experience of preparing and maintaining industry/company presentations and benchmarking materials and other process documents required
- Exposure to financing capacity valuations, impact analyses, bid analyses and collateral data analyses required
- Experience of financial valuations with knowledge of DCF, LBO, merger modeling, comparable companies, precedent transactions etc. required
- Strong team orientation and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members in multiple groups and regions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Solid work ethic, motivation level, and strong attention to detail
- Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities
- Capacity to interact and build relationships with a wide range of people and also being as a point of contact
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity