INCENTIVE COMPENSATION ANALYST
Business Offices Full Time
Roma Ave NW , Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87102-2251,
United States Of America
Incentive Compensation Analyst, Roma Location
Overview of Position: Incentive Compensation Analyst is responsible for incentive compensation processing, validation, analysis and distribution of incentive compensation reports and payments. Assists in administration of annual compensation review process, including short and long term incentive calculations. Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety. Participation in Compliance and required training is a condition of employment.
- Calculates monthly and quarterly bonuses for patient facing departments.
- Partner with department leaders to oversee and maintain incentive compensation plans
- Partner with Sr. Management to develop and implement new strategies
- Manage the reporting and analysis of Revenues, Medical Costs and Selling, General and Administrative (SG&A) expense for the month end close.
- Research and understand business operations to identify cost cutting initiatives.
- Lead, track, and follow up with Sr. leaders on SG&A efficiency initiatives.
- Oversee the improvement of SG&A management reporting on a detailed and segmented basis to ensure cost tracking and containment with Sr. leaders.
- Partner with operational Sr. leaders to assist in setting statistical metrics to enhance awareness of operational performance and decisions around FTE management.
- Partners with Sr. and departmental leaders to oversee the budget creation and periodic forecasting
- Collaborates with health plan leadership to ensure amiable relationships and tight alignment in forecasting assumptions and intercompany arrangements.
- Develops cost/benefit analyses and staffing needs for key strategies or initiatives
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting. Related Education and Experience may be substituted for one another on a year for year basis.
- MBA degree or CPA license
- Three (3) years of financial and/or accounting experience.
- Two (2) years’ experience within managed care/healthcare industry and experience working with Incentive Compensation programs.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to effectively support/train and perform transactional based finance and accounting transactions.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audience.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.