Join Our Community of Food People!
Responsible for preparation, payment, research, and audit defense of indirect tax filings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support indirect tax team in a variety of areas including sales and use tax, property tax, fuel tax, business licenses and registrations, and unclaimed property
- Responsible for the preparation, filing, and payment of indirect tax compliance
- Analyze and prepare monthly general ledger tax reconciliations: sales and use tax accruals, prepaid, and monthly taxes remitted.
- Conduct research and provide advice to internal and external stakeholders on a variety of indirect tax matters
- Gather information and respond to document requests from taxing authorities
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related analytical field required (or related experience)
- MA/MBA preferred
- Job relevant certifications preferred (e.g. CPA)
- 2 years of relevant work experience required
- Prior experience researching, interpreting, developing, and implementing transaction tax processes in a large multi-state industry environment preferred.
- Past General Ledger reconciliation and analytical experience also preferred.
- Intermediate skills using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Proficiency in tax research tools
- Prioritization/Organization/Multi-tasking – Able to organize work and meet deadlines without regular guidance
- Attention to Detail – Regularly provides work that is accurate, thorough and consistent
- Communications – Verbal & Written skills are clear and concise
- Analytical – Strong analytical skill
- Problem Solving – Solves problems mostly independently, some of which are complex
- Independent Thinking – Manages assigned tasks with little direction
- Team Participation – Collaborates well with team members and other work associates
- Interpersonal – Has established strong working relationships with others