Associate, Innovation Strategy
Who We Are: Through our service brands Hyundai Motor Finance, Genesis Finance*, and Kia Motors Finance, we provide financial products tailored to meet the needs of Hyundai, Genesis, and Kia dealerships nationwide, including dealer inventory and facility financing. And, through these dealerships, we provide indirect vehicle financing and leasing solutions to over 1.7 million retail customers.
Employee Value Prop and Culture: Our employees contribute every day to a culture that is fast-paced, dynamic, energized, agile, and collaborative.
From our various engagement programs to the unique design of our offices, we strive to foster a connected, fun, positive and rewarding company culture where employees feel appreciated for their contributions, proud of their company, and thrive to be passionately invested in HCA’s success.
Global One Company:
Many countries. One identity. Hyundai Capital has offices across the world, including China, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Russia, Brazil and Korea. Our work environments are designed with specific themes in mind to achieve a consistent global identity that reflects our values: light, collaboration, elements of nature and symmetry.
The Associate, Innovation Strategy will be responsible for supporting the vision, strategy, and roadmap for one or more digital products/platforms, in support of the HCA enterprise digital roadmap. This role will support the Digital Innovation team in producing digital thought leadership utilizing benchmarks, external research, and vendor relationships, to various internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to internal HCA depts, OEM digital teams, and HQ global matrix partners. Primary focus will be on incubating emerging technologies to enhance HCA’s digital products and platforms, owning end-to-end product development life cycle from ideation to implementation. Primary collaboration with key business and IT partners and vendors to manage creation of new services, solutions, or products, from ideation, design sprints, prototype building, and testing. This role will be heavily relied on during product planning, detailed analysis & design, requirements gathering and testing in preparation for product deployment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support management on the development and maintenance of the vision, strategy, and roadmap for one or more of HCA’s primary digital products (e.g. IVR, Chatbot, Contact Center, Web/mobile, AI/ML, automation, etc.); work with leaders to understand business problems, define and shape innovative solutions, to inform HCA’s enterprise digital strategy and roadmap
- Responsible for the planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including collecting / prioritizing customer requirements, and ensuring delivery of high-quality features on time to achieve defined customer satisfaction goals
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to coordinate and plan how to use digital technologies and channels to solve customer issues / unmet needs and enable new revenue generation / cost reduction / customer experience opportunities
- Effectively communicate recommendations to socialize strategies and build consensus/approval with varied audiences, ranging from executives, business and IT teams, Corporate Strategy, and HQ planning teams
- Perform best practices benchmarking studies by leveraging all available sources including internal/ public information and SME interviews, and provide valuable implications for HCA to close technology/innovation gaps against best-in-class market players
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understands strategic perspective and is able to deliver results in a climate of rapid change
- Working knowledge of HCA business, workflows, and supporting systems; ability to close business gaps with research and learnings on innovative technology based solutions
- Ability to problem solve using data, analytics, business acumen, and strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills and an ability to influence corporate direction working closely with senior management and excellent oral/written skills
- Technical savvy to support an understanding of the technical capabilities and constraints
- Solid oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present to senior management
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and/or vendor relationships simultaneously with close attention to detail and process
- Ability to rapidly iterate and evolve product to meet customer and HCA needs
- Comfort operating in global environments across locations, and time zones
- Skilled with project and presentation software including: PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, Excel, Access, and Word.
- Preference of 2+ years of digital experience (mobile, web, automation, RPA, AI/ML, etc.)
- Previous experience working on customer experience / product management and digital strategy preferable
- General knowledge of the Auto Finance Industry
- Working knowledge of user interface design principles and user / customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a bonus
- Previous experience in a digital product / channel management role with exposure to a dealer / customer facing environment and/or back office operations
Physical Requirements and Working Condition:
Employees in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels. Work is performed in an office environment.