Make banking a Fifth Third better®
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
Act within established investment policy guidelines to recommend and execute investment programs designed to achieve the objectives of small to medium institutional client accounts. Primary functions include investment management, client service and support of new business efforts. The Institutional Portfolio Manager I represents the full suite of solutions from the Institutional Investment Management Platform. The position may serve as the portfolio manager for 401(k) plans, Institutional Client Services model accounts, or smaller customized portfolios. Assists Institutional Senior Portfolio Managers with larger and more complex accounts.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Capable of fully understanding and using the various software systems of the Investment Management Group to produce accurate client reports in delivering a positive client experience. Software systems examples include, but are not limited to: Wealthstation, FirstRate, etc.
- Develop a collaborative partnership with Fifth Third Institutional Services (FTIS) team members in delivering a positive client experience.
- Develop satisfied clients and new sources of investment management revenue through frequent contact, for small to mid-size institutional relationships of low to medium complexity.
- Develop satisfied retirement plan clients by providing investment reviews for various retirement plans using the FTIS service model. Actively partner with the FTIS Relationship Managers on the retirement plans.
- Confirm investment objectives and implement a suitable investment plan, maintaining an Investment Policy Statement for each relationship.
- Assist Institutional Senior Institutional Portfolio Managers with larger, more complex relationships.
- Working with FTIS Institutional Sales Officers, participate in the development of new business opportunities by meeting with prospects, preparing and presenting proposals for investment management.
- Utilize the One Bank process, proactively executing on One Bank activities including One Bank meetings, pre-call planning, and post-call follow-up to win new business opportunities.
- Invest assets according to investment policy guidelines to deliver a competitive rate of return within the given level of risk.
- Maintain awareness of new investment strategies, techniques and products through regular contact with other industry professionals and through internal and external research.
- Keep informed of market trends and analyze the effect of these trends on client investment portfolios.
- Follow established investment policies and procedures including annual account reviews and working to minimize and/or document exceptions. Maintain green status on compliance reporting.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required. A major in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or Economics is preferred.
- Advanced degree or certification, such as an MBA or CFA, is preferred.
- Three or more year’s investment industry experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to learn additional software systems.
- Demonstrated strong communication (interpersonal, written, and verbal), negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like.
Extended viewing of a CRT screen.
Periodic travel required for client meetings and achieving service standards.
Institutional Portfolio Manager I
LOCATION – Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.