What is the opportunity?
To join the Investment Banking M&A Group as a Vice President.
What will you do?
- Execute transactions, new business presentations and meetings, and other such duties
- Work with Associates and Analysts in development of pitch books and related client materials
- Develop client relationships, developing business opportunities, transaction execution and other such duties
- Coordinate with Industry, Product and other groups to evaluate and originate new business ideas/opportunities
- Build RBC’s presence in the above referenced area and/or assist with other areas as directed by the Firm
- Identify and pursue investment banking business opportunities in furtherance of agreed budgets and plans
- Proactively identify operational risks/ control deficiencies in the business
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions on a timely basis
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA, MA, or MS or equivalent emphasis in finance/accounting
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Investment Banking, of which at least 3 are in the M&A space
- Solid understanding of capital markets and spreadsheet modeling
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; strong knowledge of finance and accounting
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
- Maintains high standards of professional and ethical conduct, demonstrates ability to represent RBC in community and industry activities
- FINRA Series 79 and Series 63 licenses
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
City: New York
Address: 200 Vesey Street
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 08/31/2021
Platform: Capital Markets
Req ID: 351657