Mergers & Acquisitions Group
J.P. Morgan advises clients globally on a wide range of strategic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, asset purchases and dispositions, joint ventures, corporate defense assignments, restructurings and reorganizations. The M&A business is a critical component of the firm’s globally integrated investment banking model.
The successful candidate will play a central role in all aspects of executing live M&A transactions in the specified sector and developing strategic dialog with clients. The Vice President’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Create, maintain and review complex financial models and valuation analyses, including DCF, trading comparables, precedent transactions, LBO analyses, merger models and transaction impact analyses
- Manage day-to-day deal execution, interacting with senior deal team members, client management teams, transaction counterparties and other advisors
- Assist clients in due diligence by coordinating the information flow, supervising calls and meetings between the parties, as well as reviewing and analyzing company information
- Work independently, producing high quality deliverables such as Descriptive Memorandums, management presentations, Board materials and other presentation materials for use in M&A transactions or strategic client dialog
- Design and analyze M&A transaction structures
- Leverage and coordinate the bank’s resources on behalf of the client, including industry knowledge from partners in industry coverage groups and expertise from product partners in debt and equity capital markets and corporate finance advisory
- Provide leadership, mentorship and supervision to Analysts and Associates
- At least 4 full years of experience in Capital Markets, Investment Banking or a Corporate Finance related role, investment banking or a corporate finance related role (i.e. pre-MBA, or equivalent level for direct Associate promotes). Experience in M&A is highly preferred, but will consider banking experience in an industry coverage group, private equity or similar field
- Very strong financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills, including DCF, LBO, trading comps, precedent transactions, accretion/dilution, value creation analysis, three-statement models and combined pro forma models
- Thorough knowledge of corporate finance and accounting, as well as understanding of legal and tax aspects related to M&A transactions
- Experience managing the day-to-day execution of different types of M&A processes (sell-side, buy-side, structured transactions, fairness opinions)
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients in a professional and mature manner
- Outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment
- Intellectual curiosity, strong work ethics and desire to learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects with different deal teams
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity
- Excellent technology skills with superior Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to quickly learn new software applications
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans