****Location of Opening – Dallas/Richardson area****
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
State Farm is the largest insurer of cars and homes in the United States and a major provider of term life insurance. As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
The primary objective of State Farm Investments is to manage and invest in assets that align with, and support, the insurance operations of the organization. The investment portfolios are managed by a team using a collaborative and interactive approach. Assets under management exceed $300 billion. The Real Estate Investments Team is based in Richardson (Dallas), Texas and manages over $14 billion of investments on behalf of State Farm’s general account. Investments include commercial, multifamily, and construction mortgage loans, as well as wholly-owned real estate equity investments, and REIT securities. Investments are originated and managed by regional mortgage teams and dedicated real estate equity and REIT teams. Processes and systems support disciplined underwriting, an expansive sourcing network, and diligent asset management. State Farm is a relationship-orientated lender and equity capital provider with a well-established and growing commercial real estate platform.
The role will be primarily responsible for supporting commercial mortgage loan origination efforts. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop a long-term career and a broad range of skills in the areas of real estate underwriting and originations, financial and credit analysis, asset management, marketing, and communication.
The responsibilities of the Investment Professional – Real Estate Analyst may include:
- Supporting senior members of the mortgage origination team in evaluating potential investment opportunities across various property types and major US markets
- Gathering, analyzing, and evaluating economic, market, real estate comparables, borrower, and tenant financial information to support decisions and evaluate real estate valuation and risk
- Assisting with the underwriting, due diligence, negotiating, and structuring of commercial mortgage loans
- Contributing to investment recommendations and making written and verbal presentations for internal committee approval
- Supporting asset management efforts including loan monitoring and analysis of property financial statements, rent rolls, and property inspections
- Presenting and reviewing loans in the regional portfolio with senior management annually, or more frequently as required
- Collaborating with the Mortgage Servicing Team to assist in the evaluation of borrower servicing requests
- Traveling to assigned markets to build relationships with real estate brokers and investors, develop an understanding of local market dynamics, and inspect properties
- Performing an integral role in identifying market trends and developing insights for the regional portfolio, contributing to market commentary produced by regional team leaders
- Collaborating with colleagues across investment asset classes to share information, expertise, and ideas
The preferred Competencies and Experience include:
- MBA or undergraduate degree in real estate, finance, accounting, economics or related field, with strong academic achievement
- 0 – 3 years of relevant real estate experience
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and risk assessment skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as operate independently
- Effective customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to create, build, and maintain relationships with internal and external parties
- Excellent influencing, problem solving, and communication skills
- Strong prioritization, time management, and organizational skills to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Knowledge of real estate valuation methodologies; Argus experience is preferred
- Desire to continuously learn and develop and put developed expertise into action