Lead Financial Analyst, Finance Business Partner
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
What you’ll be doing
The Business Planning & Analysis (BP&A) Business Partner organizations provide specialized finance-related services in support of the business leaders of the firm. The Business Partner will support the Finance organization in meeting the financial demands and needs of the Firm. The Business Partner will primarily be aligned to the East Region in Audit Function but will also have opportunities to support and be engaged in analysis and projects across other areas in Audit as needed.
In providing finance-related services to the business
- Explain, present and analyze the financial performance of the business
- Provide meaningful, actionable insights, advice, and recommendations on historic and the future financial performance to the Business’ leadership
- Support the business leader to successfully implement the business strategy
- Participate in strategy development and planning, facilitate planning and forecasting processes and develop metrics to monitor the performance against strategic objectives
- Deliver timely financial analytics and business counsel to effectively measure business performance against strategic priorities
- Support an efficient and effective planning and forecasting process that produces accurate, achievable plans and forecasts that align with business’s strategic objectives
- Support the business in protecting, growing and optimizing the assets of the Firm
- Explain and analyze the business’ financials
- Support initiatives to help the business in achieving its strategic objectives
- Continuously improve BP&A’s organizational efficiency and effectiveness by leading internal change initiatives
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related subject
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant finance experience, preferably in a professional services firm
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the following areas:
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Working with Senior Leadership
- Problem solving skills
- Quality and risk management
- Project management
- Change management
- Business process improvement
- Providing thought leadership
- Formulating and delivering action plans for high profile strategic initiatives
- Developing innovative solutions to business issues
- Strong presentation skills
Capability and Skillset Requirements
- Accountability for Results: Holds self and others accountable for ensuring that results are achieved; Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision; Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibility; Sets high expectations for self and others
- Communications: Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to create as well as deliver effective presentations
- Creating Quality Deliverable: Establishes deliverable structure and content; Reviews deliverables of self and others team to ensure that they meet client expectations; Implements and enforces high standards for quality deliverables
- Developing thought leadership / innovative ideas: Generates innovative ideas that are sound and progressive; Challenges the status quo; Fosters creativity throughout area of responsibility
- Problem Solving: Ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires critical thinking and strong analytical skills
- Providing Exceptional Client Service: Manages self and others to provide exceptional client service by responding with a sense of urgency, practicality, accountability, and integrity
- Motivating Others: Exhibits enthusiasm, positive professional attitude, integrity, reliability, and leadership
- Building Rapport: Leads by example; actively listens; Respects the opinions and perspectives of others; Demonstrates strong personal commitment to others; clearly states thoughts, ideas, and expectations
- Decision-making: Decision making skills, and ability to challenge, negotiate, and influence
- Accounting: Understanding GAAP and firm accounting policies and procedure
Technology or Other Requirements
- Understanding of SAP, Essbase and other financial applications
- Advanced in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.