Kollmorgen is seeking a highly accomplished manager to serve as the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis. This position reports to the CFO/VP – Kollmorgen.
The Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for administration and preparation of forecasts, budgets and strategic plans as well as reporting financial results to Altra Corporate. This position will provide Kollmorgen senior management with analysis of financial results including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow by region/business; assist in “due diligence” and integration of new acquisitions; assist in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance testing; monitor key company operating statistics; provide recommendations to improve operating results and implement the proper tracking and reporting processes; perform ad-hoc reporting and assist in special projects; and provide guidance and analysis on existing business models. This role will be the primary Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) administrator for the Automation and Specialty Operating Companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, guidance and analysis for the global financial planning function.
- Monitor key financial ratios and company statistics.
- Manage the monthly financial closing processes and analyze monthly results and prepare narratives explaining significant variances vs. forecast
- Lead weekly financial calls across all regions/businesses to review orders, sales, operating profit, working capital, and capex
- Report monthly financial results to internal and external customers (Altra Corporate, Kollmorgen Senior Management, etc.)
- Prepare monthly forecasts
- Prepare quarterly Altra staff meeting presentation
- Prepare annual strategic plan financial statements
- Planning, managing and executing the annual Kollmorgen budget and submittals to Altra Corporate.
- Manage HFM administration for Automation and Specialty Operating Companies. Tasks include managing HFM to Oracle mapping tables, provisioning users, assisting users with troubleshooting, and system updates including managing entity and account hierarchies.
- Manage checkbook and forecast load for Kollmorgen Group
- Provide financial leadership to the regions/businesses
- Maintain systems and processes to ensure compliance with GAAP, SOX and other statutory and internal requirements, particularly with respect to the revenue cycle
- Reviews monthly balance sheet account analysis
- Hires, manages, trains, develops and coordinates the work of the FP&A staff.
- Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned
- Direct Reports
- Data Analyst
- Director of Finance IA Americas
- Director of Finance IA Europe
- Import/Export Compliance Manager
- Global FP&A Team
- Kollmorgen Senior Management
- Altra Finance Staff
- Superior intellectual horsepower to operate effectively in a complex environment and develop effective strategies;
- A strong analytical thinker who is process-oriented, obsessed with continuous improvement, and manages by fact;
- Strong leadership skills characterized by a high degree of humility and the ability to work at multiple levels of the organization in order to drive results;
- Strong organizational skills; realizes the importance of time management and prioritization in order to maintain a high level of personal efficiency to meet the demands of a fast-paced environment;
- Presence and stature to generate respect, trust and a positive image for the organization; Credibility through demonstrated expertise;
- Highest levels of personal and professional integrity and ethics, and unquestioned integrity in each of his/her initiatives.
- Details matter – Quality first
- Tenacity/Do what it takes
- Results count
- Continuous improvement, don’t accept the status quo
- Sense of urgency – quick to prioritize multiple tasks
- Flexibility – able to adapt to changing responsibilities
- Leadership and teamwork/ creates followership
- Delegates and hands-on attitude
- Strategic and tactical planning and execution of projects
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- MBA and/or a CPA is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of global financial leadership experience, public accounting and/or manufacturing experience with consolidations, audits and financial reporting preferred. Preferred expertise should include experience with public company finances.
- 5 years supervisory/management experience in Accounting in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong computer skills with HFM, Oracle and Microsoft Office Software preferred
- EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an “”Altra Company.””
Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law.
The “”EEO is the Law”” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.