What Will You Be Doing?
The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will lead a team of analysts to provide financial insights and drive strategic initiatives across all areas of the organization. The ideal FP&A Manager will bring advanced analytical and quantitative disciplines, ability to construct financial models for complex business questions, mature judgement and proactive communication.
- Identify business opportunities and drive improvement through rigorous analysis.
- Responsible for disciplined budget and forecast, long range planning, evaluation of new and existing business, competitive benchmarking, recurring and ad-hoc deliverables, process improvement and efficiency, and talent management and development.
- Leverage financial and operational analyses to assist in strategic decision making.
- Lead and develop a team of high performing financial analysts, mentor them on career development, prioritize and guide projects to a timely completion, thoroughly review all deliverables for accuracy.
- Assist with modeling the financial impact of changes to product offering, fleet strategy, route network, flight schedules, and labor strategy. Capture the entirety of financial implications across the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow.
- Evaluate the company’s financial and operational performance across a broad range of metrics and Key Performance Indicators; benchmark Frontier’s performance and strategy against competing airlines and best practices to identify business or market-based opportunities.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization acting as a trusted financial advisor, enhance financial awareness and offer guidance in setting business priorities.
- Build relationships with the Accounting team to monitor actuals and identify trends arising in the financials.
- Identify and size potential revenue and cost opportunities across the organization.
- Conduct scenario analysis to identify optimal strategies in the face of uncertainty.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; prefer degree in Finance, Accounting, or another quantitative field
- MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (corporate finance, strategy, consulting, or related fields/functions) or commensurate combination of graduate work and relevant work experience required
- Minimum of 2 years management experience in a corporate finance setting required
- Industry knowledge and prior airline experience is beneficial
- Proven experience presenting information to all levels of management including C-suite
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced analytical and technical finance skills
- Dedicated work-ethic, personal and professional integrity, and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated understanding of economic, financial, and accounting concepts
- Exemplary written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to independently prioritize analyses for self and team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to structure logical analytical approaches and to apply a range of quantitative techniques to solve business problems in an efficient, timely manner
- Comfortable working autonomously and in guiding team of financial analysts to creatively solve analytical challenges with limited data and imminent deadlines
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel, Dynamics 365, Power BI, Anaplan and other software tools used for data mining and analysis