Manager, FP&A – Global IS – VIC0960
CooperVision, a division of CooperCompanies (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The Company produces a full array of daily disposable, two-week and monthly contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia and childhood myopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com
FP&A Manager role is responsible for supporting the Global Information Services team in all aspects of the FP&A process. Key support includes budgeting, forecasting, and reporting of actual results, as well as serving as the primary owner of the Capital Expenditure Approval process for the IS team. This role will partner with Global IS and Finance leaders on key initiatives (including global ERP implementations), providing insightful and actionable analysis.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the business partner support and global coordination that results in the successful completion of the annual Budget, as well as quarterly Forecast updates. This includes the detailed planning of (but not limited to):
- Headcount and related costs (including T&E)
- CapEx / Depreciation
- Vendor Services / Consulting / Professional Services / Maintenance Agreements
- Responsible for directing the monthly close and reporting process of Operating Expense and Capital Expense results to Global IS leaders, providing detailed variance analysis of current results, and the implications for the remainder of the Budget or Forecast term. This may require detailed discussions on cost structure changes to achieve defined goals.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the Global IS Operating Expense structure, continually seeking opportunities for cost efficiencies. This includes the development of detailed fixed vs. variable and cash vs. non-cash cost analyses.
- Lead the financial planning process for key global ERP implementations
- Support contract negotiations of key IS providers, ensuring cost efficient solutions are obtained.
- Primary owner of the Capital Expenditure Approval request process for Global IS
- As part of the Budget, Forecast and Reporting process, this role is responsible for managing the workflow of 2 direct reports, and requires tight alignment with other FP&A roles.
- Coordinate the annual IS Long Range Strategic Planning process, focused on Operating Expenses, Headcount, and Capital Expenses over a 5-year horizon period
- Provide input and support to the monthly / quarterly cash forecast process
- The candidate must display an ability to take large amounts of complex data and synthesize it into formats acceptable for executive consumption to facilitate the decision-making process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High degree of proficiency in Hyperion EPM suite of products
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of GAAP principles, specifically around depreciation accounting and prepaid expenses
- Demonstrated ability to independently research, analyze and interpret data
- Extremely detail oriented and highly organized
- Experience dealing with multiple and competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills required (both verbal and written)
- Normal office environment
- Some travel required
- 5+ years of experience in an FP&A leadership role at a multinational organization
- Prior experience supporting a Global IS organization is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is required, MBA preferred
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Primary Location: United States-New York-Rochester
Organization: CVI Finance
Unposting Date: Ongoing