This position is responsible for managing the data and analytics used to measure and optimize the financial performance of all operations and / or in concert with other departments to provide the Enterprise with the support to meet strategic goals and budgets. Responsible for the effective and efficient management of all Planning and Analysis support services as assigned by the CFO, or its’ designee. Promoting and maintaining the credibility of the department and Enterprise is always essential.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related discipline plus five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in Planning and Analysis within the gaming and hospitality industry is required or an equivalent combination of education and experience as determined by the CFO.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- SQL database experience.
- Experience with Synkros (Konami), Infinium, QLIK (SaaS Business Intelligence Software), V1 (PMS), Budgeting Software, and InfoGensis (POS) preferred.
- The successful candidate will be extremely adept at understanding the creation and mining of database information, inferring cause and effect, determining relationship between key business drivers and profitability, and communicating recommendations to executive, property and departmental management.
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and obtain and maintain an Osage Nation Gaming license.
- Required to maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Required to provide documents to show the applicant is eligible to work in the United States.
- Osage, Native American, and Veteran preference shall apply to all positions at Osage Casinos.
- Applicants must be able to perform all essential functions of job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Provides excellent internal and external guest services, treating internal and external guests with courtesy and consideration at all times.
- Cooperates and communicates with all fellow employees, always exhibiting mutual respect and consistently projecting a positive, helpful image/attitude.
- Responds to complaints and/or inquiries promptly and politely.
- Makes efforts to keep informed of company information and communications by reviewing property bulletin boards, digital signage, and company newsletter.
- Conducts at regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports, soliciting input from employees.
- On an individual basis or in a group format, explains, shares information, and communicates the purpose of decisions to applicable departments and staff.
- Ensures company information provided by management is effectively communicated to assigned staff and ensures staff concerns, requests for information, and ideas for improvement are effectively relayed to management.
- Facilitates the flow of information within the department.
- Responsible for communicating recommendations for change to operations management based on analysis and findings.
- Assist in the compilation of the Enterprises’ financial statements, including the preparation of the annual budget.
- Manages and evaluates the Enterprises’ Financial Performance Dashboard and other analytical tools.
- Database management and maintenance
- Budgets and measures capital projects for budgetary, sensitivity, cost-benefit, and optimum change as necessary.
- Allocates appropriate resources to ensure that projects, enhancements, and support is completed within committed time, scope and budget.
- Ensures assigned staff accurately prepares detailed daily, weekly, and monthly operating reports as needed.
- Routinely analyzes operations and recommends areas of improvement, and effectively relates ideas for improvements, as well as soliciting employee input.
- Assists to ensure effective tactical and strategic plans are implemented and designed to maximize both short and long-term operating profitability.
- Ensures appropriate number of qualified employees are recruited for and retained to ensure services offered meet the expectations of external and internal guests and fulfill regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the selection, training, and performance evaluation of all assigned staff. May recognize, reward, discipline, promote, and/or terminate employees within the area of responsibility, as necessary, and in accordance with authority.
- Visits work spaces, break areas and other work shifts in order to be available and/or visible to staff members with the express purpose of showing interest, concern, or appreciation.
- Ensures applicable staff is aware of standards and expectations and effectively communicates consequences for not maintaining expected standards.
- Ensures all employees within areas of responsibility receive fair and equitable treatment with regard to their respective terms and conditions of employment.
- Develops and implements staff development plans for those employees who display the necessary skills, motivation and attitude to grow within the company.
- Forms opinions and makes decisions based on information and available facts.
- Continually evaluates means and methods of operations within the area of responsibility to ensure maximum efficiency. Implements timely corrective action as necessary to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Develops and submits for approval annual property or departmental operating budgets.
- Creates and adjusts performance standards, measures and changes in procedures within area of responsibility for increased efficiency, and internal/external guest service.
- Develops and recommends strategies, objectives, policies, programs and procedures that maintain a creative and results-oriented department.
- Creates Pro-Forma and Post-Analysis for projects and events, including concerts
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Monitors all relevant activities within the area of responsibility, to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the organization, and the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) and the Osage Nation Gaming Commission (ONGC) are understood and enforced by all applicable personnel.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with other staff and all applicable regulatory commissions and other agencies as may be applicable to ensure compliance.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company core values, objectives of the Osage Nation, internal policies and procedures, as well, as applicable laws and gaming regulations, including but not limited to, the state-tribal compact, IGRA, MICS, ONGR, the Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, USA Patriot Act and Privacy Act.
- Ensures assigned staff is aware of, understand and comply with regulatory requirements and enforces regulatory standards.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting area of responsibility and ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Use Synkros (Konami), SaaS Business Intelligence Software, and MS Office products at an advanced level
- SQL at an advanced skill level: Querying, creating and updating scripts, creating recurring ETL scripts, creating and updating Tables and Views, and Data verification and updates.
- Perform routine and complex mathematical computations.
- Protect the Enterprise by keeping information confidential.
- Perform assigned tasks under minimal to moderate supervision. Follow written and verbal instructions in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with staff, co-workers, guests, and the general public. Work well alone or within a team.
- Present information and suggestions in oral and written form.
- Prepare written documents, complete reports and external correspondence as required.
- Exercise sound judgment and seek timely guidance for decisions in an accurate and timely manner consistent with the essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Identify potential problems and avoid situations that could be deemed illegal or represent a safety hazard to fellow employees or guests.
- Respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, guests, regulatory agencies, and others.
- Travel locally or regionally as needed.
- Maintain physical condition and stamina appropriate for performance of assigned duties.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; attending expos or conventions as requested; and developing or maintaining professional networks.
- The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Ability to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch while performing duties.
- Ability to use arms to reach and lift above shoulders.
- Must have normal auditory and good verbal communication.
- Ability to lift upwards of 30 pounds. Ability to drag, push, or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly uses personal computer systems and/or other devices to effectively perform job functions.
- Potential exposure to second-hand smoke
- Occasional evening and weekend shifts may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
- Noise level in the work environment is potentially moderate to high.
- The employee is regularly exposed to risks associated with travel between properties and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands.