This position will own and coordinate the annual global standard cost roll. They will also be the SOX Coordinator for the San Antonio COE, interfacing with both our internal and external audit teams. This position frequently interacts with local, regional, and corporate functions across BD.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, by carefully weighing pros and cons and acting in accordance with GAAP
- Team Lead for the cost accounting group, provides guidance and training to junior staff
- Coordinate annual manufacturing standard costs along with analysis of these items
- SOX coordinator and main point of contact for the internal and external audit teams
- Partners with operations and other functions to enhance finance related decisions, introduce process discipline, and ensures existence of appropriate controls to safeguard company assets
- Provides general accounting and reporting support for BD operations.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to complete daily, weekly, monthly tasks.
- Ensure proper SOX controls and compliance with BD policies
- Inventory reporting metrics and other KPI’s.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required, including process improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in one of these fields: Finance, Accounting. MBA, CPA, CMA preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years progressive FP&A or cost accounting experience.
- Manufacturing cost accounting experience preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office (Excel – including v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- SAP experience required
- Attention to detail and accuracy under time constraints
- Self-motivated and desire to improve upon existing processes and procedures
- Ability to analyze, organize and explain large volumes of data
- Time management and prioritization
- Proven ability to lead and serve as an effective team member in a large organization including planning, developing, organizing, directing, managing, and evaluating personnel.
- Audit experience preferred, along with knowledge of SOX controls
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Primary Work Location
USA TX – San Antonio