Manager, Project Finance
Vice President, Project Finance and M&A
Lightsource bp is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects. We are a 50:50 joint venture with bp with a mission to help drive the world’s transition to low carbon energy.
With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, we are well-positioned to capitalize on this growth. By joining the Lightsource bp team, you will ‘be the change’ on the world’s energy transition to a more sustainable future.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit as we continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By choosing a career with us, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by people who are passionate and have brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
What You’ll do (the role)
We’re looking for a highly motivated Project Finance Manager who has a strong interest in joining a dynamic and high performing 7-person Project Finance team that closed financing on 900+ MW of solar projects in 2020 and will raise over $1.5 billion of project capital in 2021.
Work closely with the development, origination, construction, legal, and engineering teams to ensure successful financings for utility-scale solar projects. You will be responsible for leading financial analyses for project finance debt/tax equity capital raises and M&A opportunities and developing solicitation materials for debt/tax equity financings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support negotiations with financing counterparties for solar assets, including tax equity, construction debt, term debt, and other financial products
- Perform all aspects of transaction execution including project marketing, establishment of financing terms, investor due diligence, modeling, management of outside consultants, and closing
- Provide guidance to Lightsource BP’s Business Development and Project Development teams regarding financial modeling and investor appetite for new financial structures
- Support Business Development team members successfully pricing and winning solar and solar+ storage projects
- Prepare project opportunities and other business initiatives to Lightsource BP’s Investment Committee
- Support valuation and financing efforts for acquisitions of projects that have offtake contracts
- Work with junior staff to maintain and refine the company’s financial model suite through continuous improvement
- Closely follow industry trends and competitors, including deal flow and transactions
Who we’re looking for
- Detailed understanding of renewable energy tax equity and debt structures
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills (written and oral)
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a quantitative field.
- MBA or CFA preferred
- 3-5 years finance experience in renewable energy project finance
- Successful track record of supporting project finance transactions from beginning to end
Why you’ll make a great member of the team
- Business acumen
- Strong analytical skills
- Strategic thinking abilities
- Highly organized
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of staff throughout the organization
- Strong time management skills and strong attention to detail with a history of managing multiple transactions simultaneously
- Team player and self-starter
- Strong interest in joining a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment and being part of a high-performing and collaborative team
Why you’ll want to work for us
Our company is a place where you can be yourself and grow; a place where your ideas and opinions matter.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
Our culture is driven by our core values. From operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits.
Beyond your day-to-day working life at Lightsource bp, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting our solar honey project or our sustainability initiatives.
Our Core Values
Lightsource bp truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low carbon energy projects. Our core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, Sustainability and Drive are the guiding principles for everything we do.