Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery’s Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery’s global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, debuting in the U.S. on January 4, 2021.
We are hiring a Manager, Strategy & Operations to join the Next Gen Strategy & Operations team. This team will drive and develop our digital businesses, focused on the biggest opportunities and risks through a wide range of strategic evaluation and analysis, and the generation of data-rooted, analytically driven insights.
The Strategy & Operations team will serve as project managers, leading all aspects from inception to closing and carrying out a strategic role for day-to-day execution. They will also partner with Analytics for required analysis, provide insights and actionable next steps, and will build and design deep dive presentations for key stakeholders.
The Manager is responsible for performing smart analyses on strategic objectives, using market and internal comps to build trend analyses & generate actionable insights to drive customer acquisition, engagement, retention, ratings, satisfaction & LTV. In addition, the Manger will create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings & recommendations to senior level executives.
- Serve as the day-to-day project lead
- Work with the Director in order to develop the analysis and plans required for the project, agrees with deadlines, conducts necessary due diligence, gather necessary requirements and works on providing deliverables on expected dates
- Work hand in hand with the analytics team in order to get the necessary data and together provide insights and actionable recommendations
- Provide guidance and mentorship to analyst
- Build and maintain financial and operational models to determine return on investment scenarios as well as areas for optimization
- MBA degree
- 4+ years experience in consulting, investment banking or corporate strategy
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to build complex financial models and business plans
- Ability to build and design deep dive presentations on several topics and domains, able to develop presentations tailored for different stakeholders and display in interactive and visualizations of complex subjects
- Experience in project management, coordination of teams, planning and day-to-day execution
- Ability to effectively communicate, be an influencer in business decision making process
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.