We strive to improve our customer satisfaction, customer acquisition initiatives and grow our revenue. This is why we are adding Market Insight Analysts, referred to internally as Market Specialists, to our Personal Lines team. These individuals research meaningful outcomes or emerging trends to assist in the analysis, development and implementation of Personal Lines state-level strategies for our auto and motorcycle businesses.
We are data driven with a focus on long-term results. You will help by evaluating the production and close ratios by distribution channel, preparing key account analysis, reviewing competitor activity, and contributing information to assist with data-driven business decisions that facilitate profitable premium growth. This position may be filled as a Market Specialist or Market Specialist Senior depending on the selected candidate’s related experience and qualifications.
What You’ll Do
Our Market Specialists will conduct analyses and research that leads to influencing business decisions in such areas as financial performance, marketing plans, target customer markets, business mix, market penetration, customer retention, closing ratios, and competitor monitoring. You will also:
- Conduct channel analysis and performance monitoring of our Personal Lines products distributed through independent agents, direct distribution, and strategic partnerships.
- Evaluate the impact of program and process changes in key metrics such as expense management, production, channel segmentation, and retention. Develop tools and methods to monitor and evaluate financial and marketing impacts.
- Develop tools to assist in expanding the distribution of our products
- Analyze trends in such areas as business mix, sales effectiveness and other related areas for our personal lines auto and motorcycle products.
- Review agency and key account trends in quoting, new business, closing ratios, business mix, acquisition cost and profitability.
- Review and analyze competitor rate revisions and marketing actions. Review rate filings for the key competitors in a state. Analyze competitor premium and new business market penetration.
- Create, and modify as needed, standard reports as well as customized analyses in support of meeting business unit targets.
What it Takes
What you can bring to the table to be considered for this opportunity:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Degree in Business Management, Business Administration and/or Marketing preferred.
- 2+ years of related work experience, preferably in the P&C Insurance industry, or MBA degree
- Strong computer skills in MS Office with emphasis in Microsoft Excel. Experience with pivot tables and manipulating large data sets is required.
- Basic knowledge of data analysis tools, such as Tableau and SAS.
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills with proven ability to effectively communicate, develop relationships, and make data driven decisions.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate findings in written, verbal and visual presentations.
- Ability to think creatively and demonstrate curiosity in the review of products/data.
- Ability to adapt to changing business environment, receptive to feedback and willingness to learn.
What You’ll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a scheduled work from home (Monday and Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday) after we begin to return to the office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!