- Analyze business activities that impact warehouse operations and profitability.
- Create dynamic financial and/or statistical models to evaluate business scenarios (e.g. root cause analysis, linear regression, time series forecasting) to support business decisions.
- Support Operation’s reporting application and systems
- Point of contact for distribution centers –works together to identify key issues, risks and opportunities.
- Assist with preparation of Senior Management presentations and communications.
- Assist with the management of Operational Incentive Programs.
- Assist with budgeting.
- Complete ad hoc analysis requests as needed.
- Promote a culture that fosters innovation and sharing best practices between facilities and across business units.
- Understand and demonstrate Essendant’s core values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to verify accuracy, visualize, articulate, and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems.
- Strong ability to recognize patterns within data to identify root cause and develop recommendations.
- Working knowledge of analytical and programming tools such as SQL, R, Visual Basic, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; specifically, strong Excel skills (i.e. create/manipulate Pivots and the ability to manipulate its formulas) in conjunction with data collection and aggregation.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management to communicate results and the impact of proposed business decisions.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and serve as a subject matter expert in a short timeframe.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Operations. MBA or Supply Chain Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years progressive experience, preferably in a large corporate environment. Five years experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)