Operations Finance Supervisor-HQ 11443
This position is responsible for leading a team of 2 Operations Finance analysts and communicating and fostering the relationships between Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and the Finance organizations in all matters pertaining to accurate product costing and reporting. Individual will develop staff, develop service level agreement metrics, facilitate team meetings, assess team progress, and provide direction and support as needed. Individual will lead continuous improvement efforts in relation to product costing accuracy and reporting efficiency.
Additionally, this person will serve as Field FP&A representative for one or more plants. This portion of the role will require working with assigned plants on matters such as capital investment analysis, monthly performance analysis, annual cost budgets as well as ad hoc analysis. Along with this, the role will provide periodic cost forecasts, results commentary and budget preparation for an assigned product group.
- Excellent knowledge of USG’s plant finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to professionally interact across all levels of management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner.
- Strong analytical, organizational and training skills.
- Ability to manage cross-functional relationships.
- Leadership skills related to strategic thinking and team management.
- Proficient at developing, motivating and engaging others.
- Working knowledge of Oracle including Discoverer.
- Advanced Microsoft Office computer skills, including VBA
- Understanding of plant operations and cost drivers.
- Ability to effectively communicate with plant operations to ensure insight into changes in plant costing.
- Manages all inventory costing, including updating resource/overhead cost rates, analyzing variances, cost adjustments and performing cost roll-ups to ensure accurately stated product costs.
- Manages cost related error handling and resolutions.
- Ensure USG policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Educate and direct the training, development and motivation of staff.
- Act as a key decision support resource to Plant Managers on matters of inventory cost.
- Serve as the primary support liaison to manufacturing plant management, manufacturing leadership team, corporate finance and business unit Management in all matters pertaining to inventory costing.
- Drive continuous improvement of processes within the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA a plus.
- At least a minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing accounting/finance role
- Previous experience leading others
- Mid Point may be adjusted dependent on applicant’s skill and abilities
- Technical and Functional Expertise
- Understanding of the Business
- Achieving Results
- Serving the Customer
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Leadership and Personal Effectiveness
- Inspires and Motivates
- Innovation and Growth
- EOE including disability/veteran
Organization Corp-Operations Accounting-145-3