The Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock Division produces light rail vehicles, electric and diesel locomotives, and passenger coaches. The Operations Project Manager will coordinate overall manufacturing activities between all manufacturing departments and support functions, to meet project quality, delivery, and cost targets. You will be the single point of contact and coordinator between Operations and the project team(s). You will be involved in engineer-to-order, capital equipment and manufacturing projects from order to shipment.
- Coordinate overall manufacturing activities for light rail vehicle and locomotive projects.
- Coordinate interdepartmental activities and issues affecting production, including interactions with all Production departments, Industrial Engineering, Design Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality Management, and Project Management.
- Facilitate overall production plans to ensure on time delivery, within planned budget.
- Drive cost reduction measures in operations departments.
- Ensure all project quality requirements are met.
- Monitor and report on project budget and schedule performance and initiate measures to mitigate any budget overruns or schedule slippage.
- Coordinate and drive resolution of issues impacting successful production activities.
- Report project status on a regular basis to Operations Management and Project Management team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related technical discipline, or advanced degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in project management, industrial engineering, or operations management in an engineer-to-order, capital equipment manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the manufacturing of large and complex industrial products.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in Industrial engineering or related technical discipline
- MBA degree is a plus
- Experience in manufacturing large engineer-to-order capital equipment
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.