This position has the flexibility for a partially remote work schedule.
This role is responsible for overseeing assigned pharmacy services at the local hospital level and the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health System level. Facilitates the development, implementation, advancement, and maintenance of pharmacy services area of responsibility. Promotes desirable patient outcomes through the use of safe, cost effective medication therapies. Serves as a resource to other Pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and health care professionals, as well as addresses the learning needs of staff.
1. Ensures safe, optimal, cost-effective medication therapies for patients by integrating or developing policies, procedures, protocols, services and systems.
2. Provides drug information to medical and nursing staff, outside institutions, other healthcare professionals, and the general public as appropriate.
3. Directs the development, implementation, advancement, and maintenance of assigned Pharmacy services.
4. Assures adequate control and documentation for controlled substances.
5. Facilitates the development and implementation of treatment guidelines, protocols, formulary changes, and critical pathways as approved by appropriate committees as applicable to role.
6. Facilitates the identification, resolution, implementation, and communication of cost-effective medication use issues in collaboration with medical staff.
7. Develops and implements financial strategies that ensure the continued growth and operational stability of pharmacy services as directed. This may include overseeing accounts receivable and monitoring price competitiveness.
8. Facilitates clinical and operational integration across the D-H pharmacy enterprise.
9. Contributes to the quality and effective operations of the department, identifies areas of opportunity for improved medication management activities to contain costs/ improve quality of care, identifies develops and reports on productivity and quality metrics for areas of responsibility, and participates and leads quality improvement activities.
10. Perform all duties of a registered pharmacist in the state of NH including providing vaccinations approved for administration by the NH Board of Pharmacy (if applicable).
11. Selects, counsels, prepares performance evaluations, and terminates according to policy.
12. Ensures that new employees are oriented and adequately trained, and ongoing staff development. Ensures continual training regarding organization and departmental policies and procedures as well as changes in systems, equipment, software, etc. Actively participates and oversees any related student activities occurring (e.g. PharmD, residency). Reviews the performance and promotes development of staff.
13. Creates and exemplifies service excellence culture.
14. Serves on and leads Pharmacy-related committees and other Medical Center Committees as needed.
15. Sustains professional competence and development (e.g. through work in area and participation in in-services, workshops, seminars, and professional organizations). Serves as a role model, mentor and coach to individual staff.
16. Contributes to the strategic planning process by establishing both short and long-range goals for areas of responsibility.
17. Assists Pharmacy Leadership in budget preparation, monitoring, and adherence.
18. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• 5 years of health care system experience (of which 3 must be pharmacy supervisory experience), or the equivalent preferred.
• PharmD and/or advanced degree (e.g. MS, MBA) preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and possess the ability to set priorities and make critical decisions.
• Managerial effectiveness, problem solving, and change management abilities desired.
• Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated interpersonal and team skills essential.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
• Graduate of an ACPE accredited school of Pharmacy
• Current unrestricted NH licensure (or eligible)