About GAF – Mount Vernon, Indiana
Mount Vernon, Indiana is located about 20 miles west of Evansville, along the Ohio River. The GAF site in Mount Vernon was founded in 1973 and produces a wide variety of products, including both residential and commercial roofing materials. Our 88 acre site is currently undergoing many exciting changes, including the addition of a new on-site warehouse and the addition of a fourth production crew! There’s never been a better time to join our team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
The Plant Accountant assists the Cost Accounting Manger to ensure the Plant has appropriate processes in place to control costs and provide good, sound financial controls. Assistance related to financial controls to include monthly close process, goods received not billed control, self audit questionnaire, cycle count process, purchasing policies and procedures, accurate capital forecasting and tracking purposes, raw materials inventory process, time and material projects. Work with the Accounting Manager and Plant staff to ensure financial reporting accuracy.
- Participate in safety and housekeeping programs as required.
- Assist in the monthly financial close and associated reporting as required.
- Monitor/Analyze Goods Received Not Billed (GRNB) ensuring receipts are matched on a timely basis in the A/P systems (CARTA, Coupa).
- Ensure production supervisors are trained on review and approval of time; perform final weekly (day-of-payroll-submission) review of payroll time card punches for accuracy.
- Inventory control management including raw material and finished goods cycle counts, month-end reporting and policy adherence.
- Ensure there is no variance between production reported in both ArcPlan and Peoplesoft.
- Pcard approval and monitoring.
- Month end inventory reporting as required.
- Receipt monitoring for accuracy.
- Detailed Balance Sheet preparation for review by management.
- Maintain BOMs and routings.
- Enter required information into ArcPlan templates during the accounting close.
- Provide oversight of fixed assets and expensed Storeroom items.
- Tagging of fixed assets.
- Overall support of the Cost Accounting Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2 – 4 years experience, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- MBA, CMA preferred but not required
- Manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package, as well as quarterly and annual bonuses. You are eligible to begin taking advantage of our insurance and 401k programs starting on your first day! Our excellent 401(k) includes an employer contribution of up to 7%!
- Your professional growth and development is very important to us and therefore we offer internal training programs, as well as a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- New employees can expect to begin accruing vacation immediately, which is prorated from your start date.
- In support of working families we offer a parental leave benefit, in which employees who give birth or adopt a child may be eligible for paid leave.
- Insurance coverage plans include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, disability, life insurance, employee assistance program, and more.
- Other exciting benefits include health club/gym membership reimbursement, referral program, and product rebates when purchased for an employee’s primary residence.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).