Full Job Description
We’re looking for a problem solver focused on quality and accuracy with a passion for investment banking. If you enjoy data analysis, supervisory responsibilities, and how data can inform a transaction, this associate position might be right for you.
Who we are.
P&M Corporate Finance, LLC (“PMCF”), a U.S. registered broker/dealer, is an investment bank providing merger and acquisition services to middle market companies throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Our focus is on providing exceptional M&A advisory services on transactions valued up to $500 million. Since our inception over 25 years ago, we have completed over 300 transactions for a wide array of clients, including individual and family-owned businesses, large public companies, and private equity firms. Our team of professionals is organized by industry, with specializations in Industrials, Plastics & Packaging, Business Services & Technology, Consumer/Food/Retail, and Healthcare. We bring up-market analysis, strategy, and capability to the middle market by:
- Fostering a deep and trusting relationship with each client
- Providing continuous senior level involvement throughout the process
- Developing supported positioning points aligned with value drivers and growth opportunities
- Identifying potential impact risk factors and creating mitigating strategies
- Leveraging the deep industry experience
- Providing on-the-ground global coverage through our international colleagues with Corporate Finance International
- As an affiliate of Plante Moran, one of the dozen largest accounting and professional services firms in the nation, we deliver an intimate knowledge of the middle market coupled with an array of services that rivals large, international investment banks. At the same time, we maintain a culture of independence and senior-level involvement that supports our middle-market clients and their financial needs.
- The associate will be responsible for providing various qualitative and data-driven components for the development of M&A transactions. Specifically, the associate’s role focuses on overseeing the financial modeling, industry and company research, preparation of the selling document, and other transaction-related documents in collaboration with a team of analysts and a vice president.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Oversight and accuracy of analyst duties, including review of modeling, research methodology and deal wrap-up activities
- Developing various analytical and data-driven components for the development of M&A transactions
- Researching industries and/or companies to be used for prospective buyer’s lists, industry overviews, general knowledge, buying trends, and practice development
- Developing and manipulating financial models and/or valuations for financing, structure, and cash flow feasibility
- Writing assigned sections of selling documents detailing very specific attributes and pertinent information about the company
- Involvement in assembling, developing, and/or editing information requests, due diligence lists, confidentiality agreements, engagements letters, proposals, and management presentations
- Communicating with potential buyers, financial institutions, attorneys, referral sources, and clients
- Participation in strategic discussions surrounding the transaction
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; MBA preferred but not required
- At least 3 years work experience in investment banking or transactional related field
- A CFA designation without the firm experience will also be considered
- Proven familiarity with research databases
- Business writing acumen to include proper grammar, style, and presentation
- Effective management of multiple tasks within a defined timeline
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with clients, peers, and other contacts
- Thorough financial statement analysis skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Proven project management and leadership skills
- Our difference.
- People and relationships are at the core of our services. We will always put the client first, and we do that by working collaboratively as a team.
We strive to attract the best and brightest people: those that reflect the diversity of the clients we serve and hope to attract. To that end, we offer great benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage. Other benefits include:
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic Life and Optional Life Coverage
- 401(k) Tax Savings Plan and Matching Contribution
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Athletic Reimbursement Program
- Generous Paid-Time-Off Policy
- We thank all who express interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
P&M Corporate Finance, LLC, an affiliate of Plante & Moran, PLLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran’s status, or status within any other protected group.