Black Creek Group is a leading real estate investment management firm that has bought or built over $21 billion of investments throughout its more than 25-year history. The firm manages diverse investment offerings across the spectrum of commercial real estate – including office, industrial, retail and multifamily – providing a range of investment solutions for both institutional and wealth management channels. Black Creek Group has seven offices across the United States with approximately 300 professionals and is a place for people who are driven to achieve, are never content with the status quo and who value collaboration and communication. We believe that if you love your job, it doesn’t feel like work.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.blackcreekgroup.com or our LinkedIn Page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/black-creek-group/.
The Associate will work directly with the Senior Vice President, Portfolio Manager as well as other Senior Executives of Black Creek Group, managing all aspects of our flagship Diversified Property Fund (DPF). Totaling $2.5B in asset value, DPF provides investors exposure to four major asset classes including office, industrial, retail, and multifamily. The Portfolio Management team is a highly visible and integral function within the Fund. This Associate will have responsibility for Fund-level budgeting, reforecasting, investment performance tracking and reporting processes to ensure optimal Fund performance. The Associate is also responsible for the timely delivery of information to internal personnel and reporting to investors. Additionally, this role will help underwrite and analyze non-core investment opportunities that the Fund evaluates.
Cross-departmental collaboration and communication will be vital and will also provide the Associate exposure to all aspects of the investment process including capital raise, acquisitions, dispositions, portfolio construction, sustainability initiatives, investor communications, and capital strategies.
- Work closely with Portfolio Manager on Fund-level strategies for sales, new investments, fund/partnership structure, investor communications and capital strategies
- Partner with acquisition teams to review and/or analyze proposed new investments for the Fund/partnership
- Help oversee valuations of Fund investments and regularly compare to market metrics to ensure accuracy and performance
- Regularly track individual asset leasing and operating performance
- Assist in Fund disposition activities and conduct periodic hold/sell analyses
- Acquire detailed market knowledge including understanding location, product, and supply and demand within each market
- Underwrite and analyze debt and other non-core investment opportunities and assist in writing investment memorandums for the Fund’s Investment Committee and Board of Directors
- Coordinate Fund/partnership debt strategies with finance team and provide financing recommendations with supporting analysis
- Draft and submit for review internal quarterly portfolio summary information and quarterly reports within reporting timetables
- Assist in preparing investor communications
- Participate in the annual budget review process and periodic reforecasts of Fund performance
- Analyze and produce all drafts of property and Fund-level business plans within reporting timelines
- Assist in partnership / institutional equity raising including:
- Prepare offering memorandums and marketing presentations
- Build pro forma financial models based on the various Fund strategies and investment styles
- Conduct market research related to real estate fundamentals, general economic indicators, and competitor analysis
- Manage reporting process to ensure timely delivery of reports to investors
- Respond to regular and ad hoc investor and consultant requests
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 3+ years of applicable work experience, preferably in commercial real estate investment
- Strong model building skills, proficiency with spreadsheets (Excel), property valuation software (Argus), and familiarity with database systems preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in an articulate and effective manner
- Ability to build and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field or equivalent experience. MBA or MS in finance, accounting, or real estate preferred
- Relevant certification (e.g. CPA, CFA) preferred