Summary of Position:
The Portfolio Management Senior Associate (PMSA) is a specialist role that has primary responsibility for assisting the Portfolio Managers in providing integrated investment advice and portfolio management services. PMSAs are investment product experts who act as an additional point of contact for clients and/or as a backup for client-facing Portfolio Managers.
The PMSA will coordinate the internal delivery of investment services through the appropriate channels within the CIO groups. Additionally, PMSAs will seek out new business opportunities from existing books of business and assist other service associates as needed.
- In addition to the ability to deliver generalist support, part of the Client Team actively supporting Portfolio Managers to meet clients’ trust needs and expectations
- Responsible for:
- Client Presentations (i.e. Asset Allocation and Performance Reporting)
- Investment Policy Statement Create, Update & Affirm
- Account Re-balancing
- Daily Monitoring (Non-Policy / BAC / Client-Directed Sale, etc.)
- Compliance clean-ups
- Reg. 9
- Asset Allocation MonitoringM
- Market & Platform Research
- Administrative dues as required
- Ensuring management of concentration documentation
- Assist in developing and/or delivering solution specific investment proposals
- Proactivity identify deepening opportunities while performing existing responsibilities and engaging in meaningful interactions
- Leverage experience and deep expertise to manage and/or execute client investment transactions
- Participate in Client Management Process (CMP) activities including supporting delivering a branded client experience and meaningful interactions
- Coordinate with Client Teams and partner to deliver an integrated service to the client and identify and resolve issues in an effective and timely manner
- Ensure adherence to all internal policies and compliance to legal and regulatory requirements
- 3+ years of professional investment experience in a client facing role
- 1+ year of professional, hands on, personal investment analytical experience
- A team player with excellent communication skills, computer proficiency and high level of professionalism.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint a strong plus.
- Strong organizational skills and initiative with systematic follow-up.
- Must have an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related major; capable and committed to pursuing CPA, CFP, CFA and or MBA.
- Knowledge of the First Rate, Portview, Reg 9 and PACE technology systems.
- Bloomberg and/or Morningstar experience