Role Value Proposition
The Portfolio Manager will support the Senior Management team in the implementation of portfolio strategy across client accounts within Cuellar Capital. The incumbent will be responsible for underwriting and managing a substantial portfolio.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Portfolio Management
- Team Business Development
- Implementing investment decisions for separately managed accounts and funds.
- Day to day monitoring of portfolio positioning, trade executions, cash management and compliance with client guidelines.
- Addressing client requests and managing events throughout the client’s lifecycle, such as cash flows, transitions, and account openings and closings.
- Liaising with other departments internally, including Management, Research, Legal and Compliance, Sales and Marketing, Trading, and Operations.
- Project based initiatives related to process improvement and implementing new strategies.
What’s in it for You!
- Salaried W-2 position. Results driven compensation and commensurate with experience.
- Rich benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary and Accident / Life Benefits.
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick days
- Collaborative and energetic work environment.
- 21 Divisions to serve all your client’s insurance & financial needs
Successful candidates have the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in accounting, business, economics, finance, investments, statistics or related discipline; and five years of experience in investments or related fields; or three years of experience and MBA or CFA or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- A proven track record of successfully working in a professional and fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong quantitative and analytical skills that can be leveraged to evaluate portfolios.
- A team player who can work collaboratively within the group and with outside departments.
- The ability to prioritize, multitask and work effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate.
- An ability to think holistically, understand end-to-end processes, and reconsider the status quo.
- A proactive and inquisitive approach toward new challenges and problem-solving.
- An interest in the financial markets and equity portfolio management.
- Experience managing 25 million dollars and above.
Cuellar & Associates, LLC is a Financial Services brokerage that offers the highest levels of customization and client servicing. We have been in business for 30 years; based in San Antonio but successfully operating in the South Texas region. This is a very exciting time at Cuellar & Associates, we are growing, and this role will be instrumental in our growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status and other legally protected characteristics.
All staff is required to wear mask and to social distance when in the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status and other legally protected characteristics