Location: New York, NY
DWS is one of the world’s leading asset managers with $900bn of assets under management (as of Mar 2021). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer professionals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management – as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus – complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team.
The Portfolio Manager works in US Fixed Income Solutions, building on the 40+ year dedicated insurance practice within the Firm. You will support a Senior Portfolio Manager to help implement decisions on security selection, sector allocation, and duration and yield curve positioning for investment grade insurance fixed income portfolios. Based on a deep understanding of market developments and financial and economic trends, you must understand the client’s business and any portfolio constraints, while matching investments to objectives and client guidelines, following internal research and lead portfolio positioning, and balancing risk against performance. You are responsible for the helping drive the implementation of strategy and assisting the Senior Portfolio Manager in delivering outstanding investment performance to the Firm’s insurance clients. Additionally, you will new business opportunities, including portfolio analysis and implementation, while being at the ready to address any client needs or concerns.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through DWS’s specialized employee groups
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manages portfolios to meet client objectives (e.g. yield, income, total return) and participates in client meetings or presentations as needed
- Oversees implementation of investment strategy and is active in helping direct all activities of portfolio management
- Assists in RFP submissions and portfolio analysis and optimization to support the new business effort
- Supports insurance clients as needed with answers to ad hoc questions or concerns including market or security specific requests
- Is prepared to be client-facing as needed and is a strong presenter; may be asked to lead client presentations in the event the Senior Portfolio Manager is unavailable
Your Skills and Experience:
- B.A./B.S. Degree in finance or economics; MBA/CFA preferred
- Previous relevant experience in multi-sector investment grade insurance fixed income management, with a comprehensive understanding of economics, relative value, and research
- Experience with BRS Aladdin, Microsoft Excel, and Bloomberg
How You’ll Lead:
- Oversee the implementation of investment strategy
- Lead client presentations as needed, in the event the Senior Portfolio Manager is unavailable
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.