Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Real Estate Private Equity:
Our Single Family Residential Equity strategy (Amherst Residential) has quickly scaled over the last 5 years to own and operate 20,000+ homes in 30 markets across 21 states while building a vertically integrated real estate investment and operating platform. Across the SFR strategy, Amherst has raised almost $2.5bn in equity and arranged approximately $5.7bn in debt financing over the last five years and is currently investing more than $150mm a month in single-family real estate assets.
Real Estate Private Credit:
The four-year-old Commercial Real Estate Lending strategy combines a veteran debt team with unique pricing analytics to source, underwrite, structure and asset manage loans backing all types of CRE assets across the US.
The successful Associate candidate will centrally participate in all aspects of opportunity screening, investor due diligence, financial modeling, capital raising, and deal execution. The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced organization in which all professionals work collaboratively. Working with seasoned professionals, the Associate will develop deep industry, business, financial, investment, and capital markets knowledge.
We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter who brings both a proactive approach and a positive mindset to Amherst. The Associate will be entrepreneurial and exhibit flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- College degree required; MBA nice to have, CFA welcome
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with Master’s or four (4) years of experience with Bachelor’s in investment banking, private equity, real estate or consulting
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills (spreadsheet, database, and presentation skills are a must-have including complex financial modeling)
- Collaborates well with others and develops strong relationships
- Top-ranked performer; track record of success (academics, professionally)
- Commercially savvy with solid organizational & time management skills
- Experience interfacing with executive leadership and peers to present ideas and collaborate on initiatives
- Positive attitude and outlook; strong hunger and drive to succeed
- Strong academic background – finance, real estate, accounting, or math background preferred
- Strong analytical mindset and attention to detail
- Ability to articulate a thesis and communicate ideas
- Must have advanced level MS Office Excel experience, as well as experience and advanced knowledge of other Microsoft Suite applications including PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team setting
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and comfortably navigate through complex tasks with little guidance
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.