If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Impact Philips patient monitoring, a very successful business and a major profit generator for Philips Healthcare. As the undisputed global market leader, we continuously invest in order to maintain that leadership position, while proactively searching for new growth opportunities. The healthcare industry is undergoing massive transformation, requiring us to continually reevaluate our ability to provide true customer value.
You are responsible for Global responsibility for the definition and management of fetal monitoring products and solutions. The Product Manager is required to have deep expertise in market segmentation, product strategy, competitive strategy, and product placement. The general care products and solutions are developed in-house and are an important part of our overall end to end monitoring solution. Being accountable for defining, launching, and building profitable product solution platforms that transform healthcare. Working directly with R&D and other marketing functions to ensure products/solutions are developed to the feature and price specifications that each target market segment demands. Owning the product lifecycle from concept phase through development and launch and eventually, end of life. Being responsible for the management of general care products and solutions, as well as identifying future development opportunities that will help the business to continue building on its clear market leadership.
You are a part of a team of Product Marketing professionals with global responsibility for defining and managing a complete portfolio of bedside patient monitoring solutions. We are the undisputed market leader in our field and have gained significant market share points over recent years.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- University degree in engineering and (or) marketing (MBA preferred) At least 5 years of directly related experience in marketing, sales, product development, or related field At least 5 years of experience in medical device industry
- Experience in monitoring environment/business highly appreciated
- Expertise in customer segments and the major national healthcare systems worldwide. Understands the dynamics of capital goods marketing and the dynamics of “installed base” marketing
- Strong technical understanding and not being afraid in going into details with R&D and customers
- Familiarity with the technologies that currently dominate the Product Manager’s markets, and with the emerging technologies that will serve them in the future Superior business acumen and General Manager mindset
- Boldness to create/shape markets wherever possible, exploiting Philips technologies, market positions and brand
- Demonstrable expertise in use of Value Proposition methodology in helping to define customer insights and product/solutions that provide clearly differentiable benefits
- Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback on existing and new products into solutions; comfortable making trade-offs, decisively
- Expertise delivering complex projects to meet demanding feature, cost, quality and introduction date targets Demonstrable communication skills and ability to lead an organization to develop market-leading products/solutions Strong team player with proven ability to influence colleagues Results oriented Experience operating in multicultural environment
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.