CarMax, the way your career should be!
We are currently recruiting for Managers within our Strategy group, to serve as analytic leaders and strategic thought partners to our product organization. Our strategy groups are deeply embedded within the product organization and play a key role in driving our products and our business forward. In this role, the Manager will conduct the analytics to support their respective product’s ongoing development and testing and contribute the analytical and strategic thinking to inform decisions on key milestones and decision points for the product. This position provides a strategic thinker, possessing strong analytical, management, and communication skills, the opportunity to play a key role in driving a product that will shape the future of a Fortune 500 retailer.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THIS ROLE?
A successful manager will:
- Be the analytic lead for a product group
- Designing and then delivering analytic reads on product tests to determine the impact of the change and then forming actionable recommendations
- Owning the development or enhancement of analytic tools, reports, or dashboards to monitor ongoing performance.
- Conducting ad hoc analyses and exploring new analytic models, data sources, or strategies to support continuous improvements
- Be a strategic thought partner for a product group
- Participating in strategic and tactical planning discussions
WHAT TYPE OF PERSON ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Specific qualifications for this role include:
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, or related field with an excellent academic record
- Advanced graduate degree (MBA or masters in operations research, statistics, etc.) a plus but not required
- Professional Experience
- 4+ years of consulting, engineering, strategic analysis, or financial analysis
- Experience with advanced analytics, statistics, and modeling preferred
- Experience using SQL, Python, Excel, Tableau, and PowerPoint is a plus
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.