ENGIE is hiring in the Washington, DC area!
Working in a self-managed team concept, the Project Controls Specialist will be a part of the ENGIE team based at the Georgetown University campus. This candidate is responsible for all financial evaluations and reporting for the Capital Projects Team which carries out development, administration and implementation of various capital and technology projects related to lifecycle for campus utilities, campus expansion, and energy savings at Georgetown University.
This program is a “start-up” business, and this role is fitting for a driven, creative, and ambitious individual that is excited to embrace the team culture of a successful start-up organization.
What you’ll do:
- Provide lateral leadership to the capital projects team, consisting of three program managers and other support functions such as engineering and project administration, in a self-directed team structure
- Develop value-add financial models to support the development, marketing, investment decision, execution, and reporting of capital projects worth circa $22 million per year
- Develop, analyze, evaluate, and recommend financial options and proposals.
- Identify main project economic and financial risks and advise on the appropriate mitigation factors and definition of appropriate contingencies.
- Support internal and Georgetown approvals process
- Develop presentations for lender and management updates/discussions. Liaise with Major Partnerships Financial Advisor and ENGIE accounting and finance departments for the funding and cash flow management of the capital projects and the Concession Agreement with Georgetown University
- Develop the processes and tools necessary to measure, analyze, and improve the performance of the Capital Project Program and report results to key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain good relationships with ENGIE subsidiaries and our partners
- Promote ENGIE’s services to develop new business opportunities
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required with Finance or Economics major, professional qualification such as CFA, CIMA, ACA, ACCA (or equivalent) or MBA preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Energy market experience in one of the following sectors is preferred; utility scale renewables, distributed generation (i.e. rooftop solar, etc.), energy services, retail electricity, natural gas transportation or distribution
- CFA progress or aspiration is a plus
- SAP experience is a plus
Must be a champion of the six guiding principles of the ENGIE team @Georgetown University:
Why is this good for the University?
- Think 50
- NPV Positive
- Holistic Approach
- Academic Collaboration
- Carbon Neutrality
- Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated expertise in developing and utilizing detailed, Excel-based financial models
- Strong team player
- Must be able to multi-task; utilize problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal and written) to be able to engage with all stakeholders
- Knowledge of modern management tools in continuous improvement
- For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily be in an office setting and not normally exposed to weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
: Operations / Production sites
: North America-United States-District of Columbia-Washington
: ENA Cities & Communities
Nature of Responsibility
: Professional / First Line team leader