A trusted partner at nearly three million customer locations, Ecolab Inc. is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. From restaurants and hotels, to refineries and factories, our 49,000 associates help customers optimize the cleanliness, efficiency, safety, sustainability and profitability of their operations in more than 170 countries worldwide.
Ecolab’s Life Sciences division is seeking a Regional Corporate Account Manager, responsible for managing a $3-5M portfolio for Ecolab Global Corporate Account customers; managing our North American-based Life Sciences customers (Pharma, Biotech, and Personal Care) with targeted expansion of our Global Corporate Accounts throughout North America
This position is based remotely and must be located near a major metro airport.
What’s in it For You
- Dynamic, cooperative working environment in a fast-paced, growing business
- Thorough and structured training program to help provide a foundation for success
- Competitive and rewarding compensation opportunity and a comprehensive benefits package
What You Will Do
Account & Customer Management
- Develop relationship strategy unique to each customer relative to current and future needs to foster long-term, trusted relationships; while positioning Ecolab as a full-service cleaning, disinfection, and decontamination partner
- Consultatively understand the customer needs and key business drivers, and share insights with our internal stakeholder to ensure we consistently provide a world-class experience for customers
- Ensure that ongoing relationships are developed, nurtured, and expanded with customers while maximizing Ecolab’s unique offerings to all possible end-users
- Work with North American internal partners and Global Life Sciences team to manage initiatives that ensure alignment between Global and North American sites
Business and Financial Management
- Discover opportunities and develop a robust pipeline to achieve sales and OI growth objectives for assigned customer base
- Document and manage pipeline opportunities in our CRM system to ensure visibility, clarity, and decision support among our entire team
- Structure profitable deals that mutually support the needs of the customer and Ecolab and maintain scalability and continuity of supply
- Analyze financial reporting and provide regular analysis to Senior Leadership Team
- Create, communicate, and capture Ecolab’s value to customer stakeholders ongoing and as part of regular business reviews
- Keen understanding and ability to communicate the impact of our business to customers’ key business drivers
- Identify and leverage Case Study opportunities with key opinion leaders and influencers in the industry to reinforce Ecolab’s thought leadership in the market
- Partner with our Account Management field team and other internal stakeholders to offer innovative solutions to customers with creative opportunities that optimize our offering
- Develop opportunities to help standardize our products and services to all possible end-user sites
- Consolidate and interpret data to quantify and monetize the value that Ecolab delivers to our customers
- Align Ecolab value with customer needs and key business drivers to establish, strengthen, and enhance deeply-rooted customer relationships across all key decision makers and throughout all potential customer sites
- Undergraduate degree (BS or BA) in a business, science, or technically-related discipline
- 5+ years of proven successful sales experience in the scientific, technical, consumer products, or healthcare industry
- Expected travel up to 50% with occasional international travel as necessary
- Immigration Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Advanced graduate degree (MS or MBA)
- 5+ years of proven successful sales experience, including 3+ years in a Key or Corporate Account Management role, preferably in Life Sciences (Pharma, Biotech, Scientific Research) or Healthcare (Med Tech / Med Device) Industries
- Superior willingness and ability to manage a multi-functional sales process throughout all levels, including up to the senior, executive level
- Effective written and oral communication skills with keen ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders internationally and virtually
- Solid interpersonal, intercultural, and relationship management skills
- Analytic aptitude to effectively comprehend financial data
- Ability to teach, coach, and provide guidance and constructive feedback with tact and diplomacy
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.