Research defines the culture of AB Equities and is the cornerstone of our collaborative investment decision-making process. Our analysts engage in creative, rigorous and long-term strategic analysis that is the basis for portfolio decisions. We serve clients globally, with research coverage across developed, emerging and frontier markets and our teams are based in offices in New York, Nashville, London, Tokyo, Sydney, and Hong Kong.
We are currently looking to hire a Research Analyst or Research Associate (based on candidate experience) to join our Equities team either in our New York, NY or Nashville, TN location (open to either location). This role is supporting our US Strategic Equities, a flagship US core equities service and related strategies, part of our Value Equities platform.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct financial and related data analysis on publicly listed companies and associated entities.
- Create detailed financial projections and valuation analyses for the companies and sectors.
- Make strategy-appropriate investment recommendations based on a thorough understanding of key company, industry, and market issues
- Meet company management teams, brokers and independent research providers, data vendors, etc.
- Accountability for investment recommendations based on the above, and in the best interests of AB’s clients.
- Assist with production of marketing and client communication materials.
- Uphold AB’s fiduciary obligations, adhere to the Code of Conduct and uphold AB’s reputation as a representative with clients and in the broader industry.
- Travel when necessary to AB offices, research conferences, company headquarters.
- Promote an appropriate diversity and inclusion culture in the firm.
- Promote the research of, and actively consider, the corporate governance and social responsibility cultures of the companies we invest in.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an undergraduate degree or an MBA with evidence of strong academic success
- Past equity research or investing or finance industry experience preferred but not required
- Be analytical, highly inquisitive, curious, and highly motivated to achieve, with a demonstrated record of outstanding success in past endeavors
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Have strong oral and written communication skills
- Be able to work independently with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Have demonstrated the following through the interview process:
- Ability to be a fast learner
- Being comfortable with, and have the willingness to navigate, ambiguity
- Not afraid of making mistakes or being wrong and using those instances to learn and improve
- Strong mental resiliency – be open to challenge and be able to challenge back
- Familiarity with Excel and financial modelling
New York City, New York