IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
IDC’s Business Value Strategy practice focuses on custom research that provides financial justification for vendors’ IT solutions and helps them transform their sales focus from product features to customer value.
The Research Analyst, Business Value will be responsible for client-facing deliverables that include white papers, case studies, and interactive tools. The successful candidate must have strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, and be comfortable analyzing small, unstructured data sets. The Research Analyst, Business Value will demonstrate consistently strong judgment about the quality and usefulness of data. They will need to be able to develop and express logical links between qualitative and quantitative research conclusions, and to articulate how technological solutions create value for end user organizations.
This role is located at IDC’s Framingham, MA headquarters.
Responsibilities for this position will consist of research, modeling, communication with IDC clients and internal stakeholders, and writing as follows:
- Research, Modeling, and Writing
- Engage in Business Value research activities to include preparation of research instruments (research and questionnaire design, sample gathering) and coordination with interviewers on schedule and output
- Analyzing Business Value research results and creating Business Value (ROI) models from research
- Understanding and communicating the link between technological solutions and the value that end user organizations are achieving
- Integration of business value models into client presentations, white papers, case studies, and interactive tools
- Writing and delivering white papers, case studies, and interactive tool outputs
- Otherwise supporting Business Value Strategy team activities, including potentially conducting interviews with end users and supporting development of interactive tools as needed
Client and Internal Stakeholder Relationships
- Attend project meetings with clients and consulting managers
- Manage Business Value project deliverables
- Present and discuss the results of IDC Business Value research to clients
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- A background in statistics and data analysis, project management, a degree in finance/statistics and/or an MBA are all pluses
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, market research experience preferred
- Strong analytical, communication and writing skills
- Strong Excel skills are essential as is a strong working knowledge of PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills for client inquiry and internal collaboration
- Flexibility and the ability to work independently, while at the same time participating on project teams
- Demonstrated ability in working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Ability to travel (<10%)
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world’s leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.