Senior Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
Beacon is the largest publicly traded distributor of roofing materials and complementary building products in the United States and Canada. We are among the oldest and most established distributors in the industry. Beacon is a leading provider of commercial and residential roofing, siding, windows, decking, insulation, specialty lumber, solar, waterproofing, and air barrier systems to the North American building industry. Leveraging a network of trusted regional construction suppliers, we have supported contractors who rely on us to run their businesses for nearly 100 years.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Senior FP&A based in our Denver, CO regional office. The position will focus on overall financial analysis for our Mountain Region as part of the West Division of Beacon Building Products. More details are below:
This role will act as a pivotal business resource to operations at all levels and assist with creating continuous improvement and extending best practices throughout the organization. Your overall responsibilities will include:
- Timely preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual results.
- Provide a broad variety of analysis including but not limited to: variance analysis, Line-of-Business analysis, trend analysis, customer, vendor and item profitability analysis, etc.
- Analyze and evaluate highly complex financial data from different computer systems and interpret information for the purpose of determining financial performance/trends.
- Communicate and present financial results and various analytical reports to branch, region and division management.
- Provide financial support to field to assist them in improving their business units.
- Work with Division FP&A team to ensure processes are continually streamlined to achieve greater efficiencies, accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Support the annual budget process, planning and forecasting activities for the regions responsible.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate must be able to think and act strategically but also be a hands-on problem solver with strong analytical and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA or CPA preferred.
- 3-5 year’s financial experience.
- Experience in a multi-location environment to effectively communicate with and influence all levels of the organization and drive change.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
- Strong technical accounting understanding and a solid understanding of, and experience with, quantitative and qualitative financial analysis.
- Demonstrated successful experience in working in a demanding, high performance work environment and team oriented culture.
- Proficiency with MS Office products is required including an advanced understanding of Excel. A quick learner on systems and applications including Tableau, Prophix, Mincron, and Cognos.
- < 20% Travel
Beacon Building Products offers a competitive compensation package and an outstanding benefits program that includes medical, dental, vision, company paid life, vacation, holidays, 401k match, accident and disability insurance as well as employee-paid group life insurance for employees, spouses and children.