About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
About the role
The Senior Financial Analyst is a member of the Janie AND Jack Financial Planning & Analysis team and provides operational finance support for various functional areas.
What you’ll do
- Establish and maintain working relationships with business partners and to support management with ad-hoc analysis
- Oversee monthly forecasting, budgeting, and long-range planning for select store expenses as well as some corporate overheads
- Develop and maintenance of store labor models to plan and forecast requirements and costs
- Analyze labor allocation to identify issues and optimize productivity. This is an important aspect of the role and a significant challenge that includes devising and testing various strategies to improve performance
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field; MBA a plus
- 4+ years of applicable work experience, preferably on a Transaction Services team within a Big 4
- High level of proficiency in Excel is required, along with data mining and manipulation
- Demonstrated experience with planning systems along with a strong attention to detail
- Experience with Microstrategy, Business Objects, and multi-dimensional databases are a plus
- Should demonstrate initiative and the ability to work independently as well as look for opportunities to improve existing processes
- Must be flexible, able to effectively handle changing priorities and multiple simultaneous team deliverables
- Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.