About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Gap Inc. budget and long range plan senior analyst plays an important role in projecting company performance and identifying key business trends to support senior management. This role offers the opportunity to influence major strategic decisions by analyzing and creating supporting materials for presentations to key stakeholders, including the CEO, CFO, Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors. Additionally, this role is unique in that it is focused on forward-looking projections and offers the opportunity to impact all three financial statements across all brands and functions in the Gap Inc. portfolio.
What you’ll do
- Support the Gap Inc. Annual Budget and support the Long-Range Plan processes, which includes constructing corporate financial frameworks, setting financial targets, coordinating timelines and deliverables across brands and functional areas, and developing the presentations for Executive Leadership and Board of Directors
- Provide comprehensive financial analysis for strategic initiatives and ad-hoc requests by creating analytical frameworks, preparing supporting exhibits, and presenting findings and recommendations to all levels of management
- Create partnerships across the organization and engage in regular dialogue with brand and cross functional counterparts to understand potential issues or conflicting priorities
- Develop understanding of financial data across the enterprise in order to effectively source and design financial models and analytical frameworks with accuracy and integrity
Who you are
- Capable of effectively influencing business partners through diplomacy, building consensus, negotiating, and exercising leadership skills
- Organized, with demonstrated experience in prioritizing multiple projects to completion
- Strategic, analytical, and structured thinker that possesses keen attention to detail and can articulate complex situations in a simple way
- Expert in identifying sources of information from disparate sources to create or manage financial models and deliver comprehensive, objective, and actionable analysis
- Driven by a fast-paced and collaborative environment that requires a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, flexibility, positive attitude and commitment to deliver on deadlines
- 3+ years of experience in finance, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or related field, MBA, CFA, or CPA a plus
- Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.