Senior Associate, Intelligence Analyst
Why YOU want this position
Since our founding as a groundbreaking provider of oil & gas data, we have evolved our solutions to cover oil & gas analytics, trading & risk, and business automation for customers across the energy industry. Enverus represents this growth while bringing us closer together as one team. Enverus delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient, and competitive. The range of energy industry participants we serve includes exploration and production (E&P) companies and related businesses such as oilfield services, midstream, capital markets, power generators and utilities, energy traders, and downstream commercial & industrial energy consumers.
Open collaboration and teamwork are how we build trusting relationships, and we value diversity, equality, and inclusion in all interactions. We treat each other with respect and team members demonstrate integrity and reliability in all they do. We work hard and don’t miss a chance to say thank you or to celebrate our wins and successes with each other; we take time and value having fun at work. We are one team.
PARTNERS FOR LIFE
We listen intently to the needs of our customers, both internally and externally. We passionately take on challenges; and our focus is on fresh ideas and solutions that promise to deliver the highest levels of quality, service, and value. We do our best, and we push each other to be better along the way. With all of this, trust is the foundation. We are known for excellence. We build customer relationships for life.
We drive to be the best at what we do and in turn help our customers be the best at what they do. Our curiosity and our passion for learning is our biggest advantage for our customers. Delivering revolutionary ideas and solutions that disrupt old ways of thinking to accelerate the success of our customers is where we excel. We are nimble, delivering ideas and solutions quickly without sacrificing quality, service, or value. We innovate courageously.
The Sr. Associate collaborates with a multidisciplinary team of financial analysts, economists, engineers, geologists, data scientists, developers, and others to produce industry research and insight for clients. Can work independently, may lead client calls and support in-person roadshows. A tactical contributor that provides independent execution and are a key resource to meet team objectives.
- Provides support to teams and team leads in their effort to achieve their goals and supports teams developing key client relationships
- Works with a team, supports independent aspects of research/product development
- Capable of working collaboratively in role with internal and external client contact
- Maintain and increment specialized financial and forecasting models using SEC filings, investor documents, transcripts, press releases, and government and industry datasets etc. Identify and incorporate useful new sources of information.
- Update and maintain proprietary databases including government and industry energy datasets, climate data, ESG metrics, well completion data, directional surveys, capex data, operational velocity metrics, operator acreage files and gathering/ transportation/ processing costs, in collaboration with product and data science teams.
- Aggregate and use public information to identify trends, characterize opportunities and value assets and companies, using internal workflows built in Enverus Prism.
- May begin presenting in webinars and conferences
- Positively contributes to product profitability, revenue targets and impact on market share
- Develops strong relationships with and in support of clients
- Develops and uses up-to-date technical knowledge
- Follows-through on client commitments and follow ups
- Works independently while contributing aspects to a larger finished product
- Possesses the ability to represent the research/product they support to management
- Well organized, meets deadlines and keeps commitments to clients, peers, and staff
- Works hard and efficiently; demonstrates ability to multitask and, with assistance, prioritize
Role Competencies and Skills
- Applies broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education and work experience.
- Works independently with general supervision.
- Problems faced are difficult but typically not complex.
- May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies, and practices.
- Works effectively in groups and contributes to team
- Accepts responsibility for their own contribution to the success of the team
- Works with others in an open and trustworthy manner
- Asserts own ideas, influences others, accepts feedback
- Exhibits professional and ethical behavior
- Strong commitment to personal and team performance & development
- Communicates effectively with people at all levels of the organization
Required Work Experience and Education/Certification
- 3 – 5 years’ relevant industry experience is required
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Computer or Actuarial Science is required
Nice to haves:
- Professional designation (CFA, MBA, P.Eng., P.Geo.)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (Spotfire, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Experience with programming languages or databases (VBA, Python, SQL)
- Ability to sit for long periods, work on a computer with repetitive motions and utilize devices typically found in an office environment.
- Able to safely lift up to 35 pounds at a time using safe lifting techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively with another person. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Ability to work in an office environment as required.
- Travel requirements: 0% or as required for company needs