Kimberly Clark North America is building a strategy team to focus on the business unit’s largest and most pressing strategic issues. The team’s purpose is to partner with business leaders on development and implementation of KCNA’s strategy while serving as a talent pipeline for the company. This team is comprised of high potential internal and external talent capable of moving into key commercial roles within 18-36 months. For external talent, this opportunity provides an expedited way to gain an understanding of the company and make meaningful contributions, and then transition into an operating role. This role will lead a range of strategic projects and be responsible for strategic thinking, analysis and execution activities.
The Senior Consultant will report to an Associate Director, Strategy KCNA. The role will be an individual contributor but may indirectly manage teams.
- Lead the development of strategic recommendations on projects associated with KCNA’s strategy in close collaboration with key business and initiative leaders across the organization.
- Manage multiple strategy development and execution workstreams simultaneously.
- Drive collaborative processes with a range of teams to create strategies at a functional, category, and/or brand level that drive value with clear plans for implementation.
- Scope and drive execution of advanced analytics work to distill strategic insights for senior business leaders. Data sources include but not limited to market data, pricing data, syndicated data such as POS, Annual & Quarterly reports, investment banker analysis, financial data, articles, and other secondary and primary resources.
- Drive process to develop materials and present insights and recommendations to senior leaders.
- Lead change management initiatives to support successful implementation of strategies.
- Lead analysis and content development for select areas of KCNA strategic business plans.
- Proactively take on additional responsibilities and projects as needed to continuously improve KCNA’s performance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or a related quantitative field. MBA or advance degree preferred.
- 3+ years of consulting experience with one of the blue-chip strategy consulting firms (Bain, BCG, McKinsey, etc.) or comparable strategy consulting firm / function.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant business experience in a highly analytical business environment, including business analysis, functional line experience within strategy, marketing, finance, operations, or sales analytics with a history of demonstrated business success.
- Industry experience in a consumer-oriented company in strategy development, finance, marketing, or other role with strategic content.
Ideal Candidate Possesses the Following Skills, Characteristics and Experiences:
- Analytical and Quantitative: Strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to independently generate strategic insights from data. Very fluent in Excel; financial modeling skills preferred.
- Written and Verbal Communication: Strong communication and presentation skills, including strong PowerPoint / deck-writing experience; capable of catering a message appropriately for a given audience.
- Structured Problem Solving: Brings structure and creativity to ambiguous problems.
- Business Acumen: An awareness of what drives profitability and cash flow, a market-focused approach to the business, and an overall knowledge of business and functional interrelationships.
- Initiative and Motivation: Highly motivated self-starter who is performance driven.
- Engaging and Collaborative: Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Knowledge and Enthusiasm for K-C: Knowledge of the K-C organization, brands, metrics, etc.; enthusiastic about the potential strategic options facing Kimberly-Clark.
- Agile and Versatile: Demonstrated track record of success working in a fast-paced setting.
- Scope of Experience: Experience working in the context of a large, complex, global organization where working across boundaries and leading through influence are keys to success considered a plus; for example: Experience participating in complex, global, transformational, enterprise-wide initiatives, and seeing initiatives all the way through execution.
- International experience: with working knowledge of languages where K-C has large operations.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.