Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Summary of Responsibilities :
- Prepare and present financial analytics and reporting for internal departments and Senior Management to help understand financial performance indicators, profitability metrics and other KPIs.
- Act independently to develop, support and analyze key strategic pricing initiatives aimed at improving profitability, increasing revenue, risk management, competitiveness and growth through market, cost and profitability analysis.
- Support regular pricing reporting process such as Sales Forecasting, Proprietary Revenue Analysis.
- Analyze financial and pricing information in relation to our overall business strategy to help determine any related financial risks to the organization.
- Challenge the status quo and work with Pricing Management and the Pricing Officer in developing new tools, processes efficiencies and automated solutions to meet internal and external customer demands.
- Ability to manipulate large and complex data sets and create/modify financial models. Ideally, can leverage Excel VBA coding capabilities.Develop working knowledge of the entire suite of US Retirement Pricing tools and various tools that are used to generate pricing and financial data that is used to support various areas across the business.
- Support Pricing Management and Pricing Officer with project management and ad hoc analysis as required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the financial services industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics or business-related field.
- MBA, MSF, CFA or progress towards is preferred.
- Exceptional work ethic, accountability, team first mentality, positive attitude and eagerness to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- Experience with forecasting, financial modeling and business planning with ability to analyze results and provide recommendations to Pricing Management, Pricing Officer and Senior Management.
- Advanced knowledge and thorough experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Salesforce, Adobe and PeopleSoft or any financial reporting/modeling programs. Experience with Power BI, Excel Macros or VBA coding is desired.
- Experience performing financial analysis of costs, prices and competitive information using modeling skills in Excel, Access or other modeling tools.
- High energy and self-driven individual looking to build a career within a Finance organization
- Proven success working with large and complex data sets, databases and information systems to derive sound business decisions.
- Proven big picture thinking and have the desire to drive change that will positively impact business growth and profitability.
- Must have strong analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Attention to detail and strong business/client judgment is required.
- Proactive strategic thinking and willingness to innovate and question the status quo.
- Proven organizational, time management and prioritization skills to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand modeling and be able to advise and assist on improvements or adjustments for complex scenarios.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .
E EO is the Law I Family & Medical Leave I Employee Polygraph Protection I Right to Work I E-Verify I Pay Transparency