The goal of Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (CFP&A) is to provide key insights that help Microsoft make better financial and business decisions. Our team is at the hub of Microsoft’s financial activities, being a key strategic partner to all sides of the business and serving a diverse set of stakeholders: CFOs, Senior Leadership Team, engineering groups, and sales and marketing teams.
Senior finance managers in our team help us transform the way we measure business performance, manage resources and lead financial activities using business intelligence, modelling and analytics. As a senior finance manager, you will have a unique opportunity to use your insights and strategic thinking to partner with leaders on financial decisions, investments, efficiency and process transformation projects.
Our “technical finance” team within CFP&A is responsible for consolidating financial insights which span the entire company. Examples include business performance metrics, forward-looking guidance, extended long-range planning, corporate structure, cash flow, foreign exchange, and market/compete. We work together on each of these as a team. You will manage two areas of expertise, initially corporate structure and cash flow, and support the remaining. This job will give you the opportunity to learn executive perspective and contribute company-wide impact, while gaining CFO skills difficult to get anywhere else.
- In general, your responsibility is to structure & simplify complex details so that we can understand the big picture.
- This position directly supports diverse financial analyses for our most senior leadership.
- You will coordinate cross-functional rhythms with product engineering and field finance groups, investor relations, treasury, tax, corporate strategy, business development, and corporate accounting, as well as ad hoc analyses with dependencies on experts across the company.
- For corporate structure, our goal is to provide the tax division with a comprehensive and real-time understanding of company financials from management perspective by business and geography.
- You will develop business acumen across products and customer segments, and then teach this view to our tax team.
- You will connect the tax team together with management experts from across central, engineering, and field finance teams.
- The business insight you bring together then supports translation into a statutory perspective for tax rate determination.
- The impact is to increase visibility into the tax effect of business plans.
- For cash flow, our goal is all about connecting cash flow to the core rhythms of business we have for planning, forecasting, variance analysis, and specialized reporting areas.
- You will collaborate with segment controllers and functional teams to understand business insights behind cash flow drivers such as working capital.
- You will model complexities across the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement, including flow of financial information, to analyze, report, and forecast various business scenarios.
- You will also help us compile a due diligence list of systems and tool requirements to support our process improvements.
- The impact is to increase visibility into cash flow across executive audiences including our CFO and Finance Leadership Team, and ultimately make better business decisions, inform our capital return strategy with the Board, and provide guidance to shareholders.
This role applies effective communication skills, academic training in economics & accounting, work experience in finance & statistics, and technology industry expertise.
- At least 4 years of work experience in finance, with preference toward corporate and roles collaborating with field or engineering groups
- Partnership & interpersonal skills, with confidence presenting to executives and leading collaboration
- Detail oriented & thorough, with ability to think “big picture” and understand the key trends and levers
- Creativity and demonstrated problem solving capability
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in ambiguous situations
- Systems, tool and technology savvy.
- Passion for peer growth including mentorship, coaching, recruiting, onboarding, and training activities
- Energy for a high-performing team culture, growth mindset, positive attitude, and sense of humor
- Academic training in financial reporting, analysis, and modeling, including MBA, CFA, or undergraduate degree in finance
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.