Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Corporate Finance group is expanding to support an increasingly dynamic Fortune 500 company. The group is seeking a motivated Senior Financial Accountant who is looking to further develop his or her career in a growing global company. This role has significant interaction with both the Chief Accounting Officer and Corporate Controller. The primary responsibilities include assisting with the monthly financial close process, preparing internal and external reporting documents including the 10-Q and 10-K, and researching and documenting technical accounting matters. This role will also serve as a technical accounting resource for special transactions such as acquisitions, integration, transformation, and debt-related transactions. Daily collaboration with domestic and international business unit and functional leaders offers extensive learning opportunities and exposure across our many global businesses that can serve as a foundation for future career opportunities. The position also offers opportunities to take a leadership role in driving operational process and control improvements to ensure accuracy in financial information in the most effective manner.
- Serve as a technical accounting resource for special projects and certain non-routine transactions
- Collaborate with various business and functional contacts as the main financial accounting liaison, utilizing the relationship to assist with technical accounting questions
- Assist with the corporate monthly financial close process; prepare and analyze corporate and departmental financial statements and prepare various periodic reports for executive review
- Utilize US GAAP and current business happenings to assist with external reporting requirements
- Perform and document analytical review of business unit results
- Participate in implementation and maintenance of Oracle and other financial reporting systems by developing reports and maintaining ledger hierarchy and reporting consolidation structure
- Utilize global relationships to execute intercompany reconciliations
- Assist with corporate management of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and coordination of external auditor requests
- Prepare certain corporate account reconciliations and post various journal entries
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Travels and works overtime as required
Required Management/Technical Experience
- Minimum 3 years of public accounting experience and/or public company manufacturing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; MBA or similar a plus
- CPA or similar certification
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP
- Oracle and HFM experience a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively across functions
- Ability to build professional and productive relationships within the organization
- Driven and enthusiastic with the ability to demonstrate a passion to contribute to achieving business goals
- Ability to efficiently complete work both individually and in a team environment
- Detail oriented with strategic thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Committed to driving change and accountability and implementing standard practices and initiatives
- Performs well with ambiguity and under pressure; can effectively cope with change and act without having the total picture
- Commitment to business ethics and integrity
Wabtec provides a competitive total compensation package that includes a comprehensive employee benefits program.
Wabtec also contributes Annual and Matching contributions to your 401(k) account to help your savings grow. Each pay period, Wabtec will match 100% of your contribution up to a maximum of 3% of your eligible compensation. Wabtec also will make an Annual Contribution of 3% of your compensation, whether or not you contribute your own funds to the Savings Plan. That’s a total of 6% of your annual compensation in Company-provided contributions!
12 paid holidays
Unlimited time off (in accordance with your leader)
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.