Ariat International, founded in 1993, is a rapidly growing worldwide leader in high performance footwear and apparel for equestrian enthusiasts. Ariat is driven by world class design, innovation and technology all focused on delivering the highest quality, authentic Western, English, and Work footwear and apparel to our customers. We are a highly profitable company, dedicated to finding and developing the best people to grow with our company. In return, we aim to make sure that our employees are happy and motivated by offering them a challenging, fun and financially rewarding working environment. We currently have an opening for a:
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Working in the company’s finance department and reporting directly to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, this position has broad exposure throughout the company. The senior financial analyst will be a key business partner supporting the global supply chain function with financial analytics, business insights, and ad-hoc reporting. The senior financial analyst will also be a key partner to division managers and their cost centers.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Operating and Long-Range Plan, developing monthly division reports and historical trend analysis, and maintaining financial model assumptions.
- Help prepare board of director presentations, providing financial analytics, business insights, and variance analysis.
- Partner extensively with senior leaders to prepare operating plans, KPI metrics, S&OP presentations, and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Maintain supply chain analytic assumptions for warehousing, distribution, inbound and outbound freight, and all other COGS related expenses.
- Prepare extensive inventory reporting analytics, including on-hand inventory by warehouse, and forward-looking inventory turn projections.
- Own and develop multiple cost center budgets, lead review meetings, and provide variance analysis to senior leadership.
- Own and lead the standard cost reroll process including the preparation of costing sheets, variance analysis, and business partnership with production.
- Own the inventory reserve process, prepare related journal entries for inventory valuation, including duty drawback, price variance, outbound freight, and warehouse distribution expense.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills:
- Advanced to expert Excel skills – highly efficient, lookup & reference functions, if statements, data importing and linking.
- Must be able to retrieve and interpret complex data, develop reports, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Experience with Outlook, Word, and Power Point. Cognos and SAP experience is highly preferred or adept with other comparable ERP and reporting software.
- Experience with Adaptive Insights is highly preferable
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders as well as work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead division reviews, highlight variances, and recommend actions with very strong attention to detail, while still seeing the big picture.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited college – preferably in business or accounting; MBA a plus.
- COGS, inventory reserve, and standard costing experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience as a financial analyst in a medium to large size corporation, preferably in a retail, manufacturing, or consumer products.
- Must be flexible and able to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment.