Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking a sharp, self-starter, and motivated Sr. Financial Analyst. In this highly visible role, the successful candidate will work in a fast-paced and rewarding work environment. Reporting to Associate Director of Accounting and Reporting for Urology and Critical Care, the Sr. Financial Analyst is primarily responsible for supporting the Commercial Operations of UCC and assists in month-end closings, budget preparation, forecasting, and monthly consolidations of KPI’s and reporting relative to UCC.
The role will be based in our Headquarters in Covington, GA, with flexibility to work a few days in the office/home.
Responsibilities / duties:
- Partners with key Business Leaders within UCC
- Coordinates and participates in the annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes for assigned accounts.
- Consolidate various monthly results with commentary on key drivers.
- Leads monthly spending reviews with departments and anticipates future spending.
- Provides detailed explanations and analyses on departmental spending and key drivers vs. budget and forecast on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Performs month end duties necessary for closing the books
- Books necessary journal entries/accruals.
- Performs balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Assists with R&D New Product modeling
- Conducts ad hoc projects or analyses
The ideal candidate will meet these qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant FP&A and Accounting working experience (journal entries, month end close, general ledger, financial planning, budgeting and forecasting, and business analytics) required, preferably in a manufacturing industry or public accounting preferred.
- CPA / CMA / MBA or working toward qualification is desirable.
- Candidate should be well organized and possess good analytical and communication skills;
- Candidate must be highly proficient working with Microsoft Excel and reasonably proficient with other common applications such as MS Access, MS Word and MS PowerPoint;
- Working knowledge of JDE, SAP, BPC and/or Hyperion is desirable.
- Self-driven, proactive and seeks continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed, challenging environment with strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience working in a highly visible role that will interact with individuals at all organizational levels, internal and external, and at remote locations.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.