Clarivate(tm) is a global leader in providing solutions to accelerate the lifecycle of innovation. Our bold mission is to help customers solve some of the world’s most complex problems by providing actionable information and insights that reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing inventions in the areas of science and intellectual property. We help customers discover, protect and commercialize their inventions using our trusted subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise.
We now have more than 8,500 colleagues in over 40 countries worldwide, and we work with over 200 partners to deliver value and success for our customers. Today, Clarivate is a publicly traded company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CCC.
Clarivate is committed to building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of belonging where new colleagues can bring their authentic self to work every day!
The FP&A Senior Analyst, IPG role will provide FP&A support including financial planning, management reporting, and decision support analysis for the IP Group business unit of Clarivate. The IP Group serves Intellectual Property professionals within research and development-intensive businesses with patent and trademark content, internet domain management, analytics and professional services across the development and commercialization phases of the IP lifecycle.
The role can be based within either Clarivate’s Alexandria, VA or Meridian, ID locations, with remote work option possible.
The position will have responsibility for:
- Primary support of the financial planning processes (annual budget, quarterly forecast) for the IP Group, including partnering with business partners in various functional areas to develop and communicate the budget and forecast for the business
- Preparation and discussion of management reporting for the IP Group business, including Monthly Business Reviews
- Partnering with and providing financial advice and guidance to members of the IP Group leadership team
- Develop and maintain subscription Net Sales, ACV, revenue reporting and KPI/metrics.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- Support IP Group Sr. Director of FP&A in managing the Platform and Services P&L (including flagship brands MarkMonitor, Derwent and Innography), with primary responsibility for ensuring accurate subscription revenue reporting and forecasting, conducting ad hoc financial and decision support analysis.
- Assist the existing team in the creation of additional revenue and customer metrics/performance reporting/dashboards while maintaining current analytics
- Support sales, pricing and retention initiatives and analyzing impact on revenue.
- Work with different functional teams to ensure revenue and customer data integrity and perform any necessary data clean-up.
- Provide analysis and financial modeling in support of business initiatives, business cases and product profitability reporting.
- Support integration efforts across various M&A activity
- The position requires strong financial acumen with a demonstrated ability to provide insights and guidance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Develop the annual business plan and monthly forecast; ensure collaboration and coordination with key stakeholders
- Provide support to the accounting team to ensure monthly close process is completed properly.
- Anticipate opportunities and risks in the forecasts and effectively communicate them
- Analyze financial and business performance against business metrics and document pertinent highlights that enable management to determine progress against strategic/business plans
- Monitor and analyze results against budget and provide insightful and actionable variance explanations for the business P&L (revenue and expense).
- Support and partner with teams in planning, measuring, reporting and improving performance of operations and reducing cost where necessary
- Lead and participate in cross functional teams and projects
- Coordinate the preparation of all financial forecasts and budgets
- Prepare, analyze and present financial results, as necessary
- Prepare financial reports and revise reports to be more useful and efficient
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting (MBA a plus)
- 3+ years of progressive experience in financial roles with experience supporting subscription-based organizations preferred
- Strong skills with Excel, analytic tools, and financial systems
- Excellent written, oral, analytical and technical skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on a team as well as independently and drive results
- Understanding of subscription based services a plus
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.