Full Job Description
Charter Manufacturing is a fourth-generation family-owned business where our will to grow drives us to do it better. Join the team and become part of our family!
Charter Dura-Bar in Woodstock, IL has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their team supporting the Commercial group!
Provide analysis, financial information, and recommendations to management to assist in making key business decisions. Partner with Commercial Management for the development of the annual business plan as well as the monthly forecast.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Three plus years’ accounting or finance manufacturing experience.
- Experience leading and implementing process improvements.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make data-driven decisions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated self-starter with Continuous Improvement mindset to drive process improvement.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in both verbal and written form, across all levels of an organization.
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge and capability with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Proficient in the advanced features of Microsoft Office products (Excel).
- Five plus years’ accounting or finance experience with prior manufacturing experience.
- CPA and/or MBA or progress towards completion.
- Experience and working knowledge of Oracle.
- Experience and working knowledge of Hyperion.
- Partner with Commercial Management and Cost Accounting groups for the development of profitability analyses.
- Provide recommendations related to findings from financial analyses.
- Support and mentor other Financial Analysts, Leadership Development Associates (LDAs), and interns.
- Develop financial analysis to support cost estimates for potential new products and customers.
- Drive system enhancements through working with and leading cross-functional teams.
- Lead the preparation of the monthly forecast.
- Responsible for month-end close and reporting related to sales.
- Coordinate budget preparation, review, and analysis. Ownership of Hyperion budgeting process from input to final review to ensure that the data is accurate and complete.
- Develop models to perform various business projections.
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements.
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job description.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SUPERVISION:
Reports to: Finance Manager – FP&A
Primary internal customers: Commercial
- Working independently on projects with minimum supervision.
- Maintaining flexibility for time sensitive ad hoc requests.
- Exchanging data with other departments in a supportive fashion.
- Meeting the business’s highest expectations for quality and service.