Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today’s gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will join our Finance team.
Scotts is the market leader in the consumer lawn and garden category as well as the largest distributor of Hydroponics products (one of the fastest growing industries in the country). The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible to assist the distribution team in financial performance tracking and reporting. This role supports Supply Chain by assisting in the monthly close process, forecasting and budgeting. The Senior Financial Analyst will be asked to identify and/or assist in the implementation of cost savings opportunities, process and procedure improvements, and other special projects. They work with distribution management to ensure forecast and budget compliance.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Assist in the monthly close process, including general ledger accounting, account reconciliation, variance analysis and distribution reporting
- Assist in monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process
- Provide variance analysis for business partners to help prioritize risks and opportunities to manage against the annual operating plan
- Work with distribution team in compliance with forecast and budget spending
- Provide “ground level” business knowledge and insights to enhance the effectiveness of business plans being developed
- Proactively find ways to streamline business processes and improve efficiency
- Individual must be capable of assisting in identifying, creating and implementing solutions to procedure issues and enhance financial reporting
- Must be able to identify and articulate process issues and attempt to formulate solutions
- Must be able to work on accounting and operational issues that require communicating with various levels of the organization (distribution associates to corporate finance to senior operational leaders)
- Responsible for interacting with a wide variety of people and functions
- Special projects
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3 years in finance, accounting or analytics
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and ability to problem solve
- Financial and accounting aptitude, to analyze financial information
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines; strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong and effective communicator internally and externally
- Operate with a sense of ownership
- Feel comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrates passion for customers, consumers, and associates
Some other nice to have’s :
- Supply chain/distribution/manufacturing accounting or finance experience
- CPA, CMA, MBA or other professional designation
- Experience with SAP R/3 & Business Warehouse preferred
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Onsite wellness center which includes: 24,000 sq. ft. fitness center, Walgreens pharmacy and Doctor’s office. Or if remote Fitness Club Reimbursement ($350) .
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse).
- Beautiful campus and corporate offices designed like a log cabin.
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network, GroPride Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
13 SMG paid holiday days and generous vacation policy.